Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorping1400
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2016

@xurt, do you know if yildiz got investments recently?
    •  
      CommentAuthorxurt
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2016 edited

No, sorry, I do not know much. The last time I tried to find some new details I was not too successful, but then again I did not try too hard. I think I heard he went public (on the stock market), but am not sure whether it is not just a rumor. I did not verify it.
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2016 edited

I've just read this:

Posted By: PJH
    @ thehard.
    Email me and we can work out the details.

Soooooo allow me to quote myself, this is what he was replying to:

Terms of agreementI agree to eat a hat. Some conditions apply, still. Moletrap members that have a Physics background have to agree with you in a measurable quantity of effectiveness AND have to have a chance to measure it by getting their hands on a device of yours.

On April 20th 2016, if that effectiveness has been met, I will happily eat a hat, though I may look for an edible version of a hat. It will look like a hat in every way possible, it won't be a square inch chocolate bonbon with a hat shape. It will fit my head. I will tape the meal and put it on youtube and explain in English why I am eating it and read any statement you want me to read regarding your product.

If on April 20th 2016 the product isn't delivered to them, I expect you to eat a hat and put it on youtube under the same conditions.

If on April 20th 2016 the product has been delivered to them and their measurements aren't in accordance to yours or some other discrepancies happen, I will consider it a tie and we'll agree to delay the hat eating day for a month, hoping that during that time alternative measurements have been made on the device that was delivered on April 20th. A new device can't be delivered after that date.

Do you agree to these terms?

Before I send PJH an email (besides getting his email) I have to find one or two moletrappers with a background in Physics and tools to measure PJH's claims. They also have to be willing to give their address for him to ship the Quentron; eventually show their tools to prove the are able to take measures and also do the testing work. And preferably be able to show their results in video form, but that's not mandatory. Tinselkoala would be a great contributor to this, weren't Al gone.

I also would need a statement by PJH with clear claims and minimal forum consensus for what would be world changing. If claims are not very different from the technology we have today, I am not interested in taking the bet.

This bet is totally open to discussion. If anything seems unclear or amendable to anybody, it's the time to act.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2016

I'm a senior hardware test engineer, but uninterested. Do you want to pay me for the work?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

I'm willing to eat a hat:

in return for a working Quenco.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Would be interested but unfortunately not have the tool anymore and will be quite occupied until end of march. So that probably leave me out. Maybe we could (improbably) wake the interest of al and earthtech. But that sound doubtful.
    • CommentAuthorbr

I'd be willing to donate some time. I have tools, but before committing myself, would need to know what size of device would be tested, and over what temperature range.

The patent posted a few pages back was some thermionic emitter thing, and could be quite large. This would be difficult enough to get at a uniform temperature. However, he also talks (I think) about 1 mm^2 pn junction whatsits, which would be much easier to test. And the closer to room temperature the better, obviously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Maybe-maybe. One will have to find out exactly what it is and what it is supposed to do before committing even to think about it.

I can tell cold from hot without any instruments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

@hard

I doubt if Phil would be interested, the people making the device will say if it works or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Isn't that always the problem with free energy devices?
    • CommentAuthorthehard

Well, Trim, he asked me to email the details to him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxurt

You could have quietly propose eating a metallic hat as well. There is no risk you would ever have to eat it, and equally there is no risk PJH would ever fulfill his promises and tried eating it when he does not deliver again. So no risk of harm to anyone.

As for the measuring - as long as the old parameters from 2014 are still valid (5kW / 10,000A output at a 1cm² Quenco), there is no way anyone could measure it. You simply can't pull 10kA through 1cm² of any material (the best conductors silver or graphene including) without evaporating the material. And the problem remains the same even if you scale it down to whatever size of the wafer you want. The proportions and the problem remain the same.

Unless the entire thing is super-cooled close to absolute zero and using superconductivity, there is no way to achieve such current densities. And if you cooled it down that much, there won't be any ambient heat to convert to energy, even it the thing really could ever work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxurt

I would pose the bet differently - I will eat my hat if PJH publicly eats a hat for every of his broken promises and undelivered products in the past. I do not know how many they already were, but guess that it could be around a dozen of them, at least. So if he eats all those hats (standard hats), I'll eat one too, regardless whether his invention works or not.
    • CommentAuthorthehard

Well, if the device takes so much energy from ambient heat, the cable will be automaticaly supercooled, won't it? You see? The problem fixes itself!
    •  
      CommentAuthorxurt

So you are telling the device will generate energy by consuming the heat that it creates by releasing that energy? That would result in equilibrium of energies - no energy would be gained, and no temperature would change. Hence no violation of 2nd LoT, and no energy output.
    • CommentAuthorthehard

Honestly, I have no idea what I'm telling.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: AngusOne will have to find out exactly what it is and what it is supposed to do
    That is NOT going to happen any more than it ever does with Steorn or Rossi. BTW, where is that fantastic connector we were all hoping to see? Start with that, maybe.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: xurt
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanThe ridiculous Quenco licence fees mean simply that he has no intention of doing business with anybody.

Rossi's licensing fees (in the period prior Industrial Heat) used to be on a similar level. Yet, he got plenty of licensees. I guess that most of them negotiated a lower price, and were then thankful he took them at all. The price set so high may have exactly this purpose - small investors come in begging that you take them even if they do not have enough money, and because you are a philanthropist and want to save the world, after a short negotiation you take them, and they will not even attempt to ask for some guarantee because you could get angry and refuse them. An old trick.

Rossi should and would have gone the way of PJH-- ignored and derided. However, the incredible incompetence and negligence of Kullander, Essen and Lewan got him started and the even more startling ineptitude of the Swedish professorial blind mice moved him further along and it was their testimony and the lack of relevant education and experience on the part of Woodford execs and Darden and Vaughn which propelled Il Douche to fame and fortune. The overall sloppiness, overeagerness and gullibility of typical LENR/cold fusion "researchers" and supporters also helped Rossi a lot.

Rossi was incredibly lucky and very skillful in choosing marks, his greatest strength. PJH, not so much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

I have read Philip's patent application. It is my opinion (IANAL) that it would not be granted in the US because there is not enough information for someone skilled in the art to replicate the device.

The thing which bothers me is the source of the energy gain. All energy gain must come from mass conversion according to Einstein's law of energy and mass balance. As best as I can determine, Philip's device appears to generate energy by space conversion through some quantum effect that I cannot understand. It is interesting in that there is a direct relationship between mass and space distortion that no one understands.

Sometimes my mind is so open that my brain falls out. My specialty is time which is linked to space which is distorted by mass (as us time for that matter, so to speak). I feel like there is a ghost in the machine which laughs at us, and when we see why the ghost laughs, we will understand.