Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2014

And it's you that's a snag short of a barbie, Trim
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014

Gaaaah! Interstellar cute!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014

Thanks for the compliment but I am sure you deserve it more than me.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014 edited

Yeronner I'd like ta ask fer a continuance so's'n the Dee-fence kin git a chaince to read the dee-po-sitions from our DNA expert, our pforensic psychologist, our used car salesman and our expert on combinatorial metathematics. A year or so ought to do it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2014

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Ah - so that's the explanation for the "Fermi Paradox".
    The lifetime of a discoverable tech civilisation could as high as 30% of the age of the universe. The paradox is resolved if we are The First Ones
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

But since we aren't depending on tidal warming maybe they're not looking here.
    Why did an image of George Formby singing about drying bloomers on a washing line on Titan come to mind? I'll need to get that looked at
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

That alien virus has some really strange side effects.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014

George Formby sitting on the shoulder of Titan? ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014

One.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

+3
    you mean 4?
    I mean, ONE.

There is only one planet, of all that we know about, that:
    - has a satellite that is tidally locked, is at an orbital distance so that it subtends the same arc in the sky as the sun does, that is big enough WRT its planet that it really should be called a double planet.
    - is largely covered with liquid water but also has substantial land masses.
    - has plate tectonic motion because its core is still liquid after all these years and there is just enough slag floating on top, not too much not too little.
    - is distant from recent supernovae, GRBs, rogue asteroid swarms, and the Gblth-Hazzgor conflict zone.
    - has gone through a couple of radically different kinds of atmospheres and presently has a highly toxic, very reactive stuff called Oxygen contaminating the whole planet.
    - is in a relatively wide GLZ around a benign, gently flaring G-class yellow star of exactly 1 Solar Mass..... (that was easy)
    - etc etc.

There is ONE Earth. One. And we had better start taking care of it, protecting it, cherishing it, instead of getting ready to discard it when it becomes a little soiled and careworn.
    A bit different from the other estimates which are in the range 15-30 BILLION.
    Well, it makes for good debate.
    • CommentAuthortinker

30 Billion! How amazing that we live on the only one out of those that we are certain exists.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: tinker30 Billion! How amazing that we live on the only one out of those that we are certain exists.

It would be even more amazing if we didn't live on the only one that we are certain exists.
    OMG! What if it's...*gulp* 31 Billion instead?