Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Berserkers vs. Panspermia -- I think it's a great idea for a SF movie franchise.
    The flaw in Zube's theory is that it relies completely on the observation that no proto-bacteria have been found in the fossil record. Problem is that they may well be invisible anyway, so it's a flakey peg upon which to hang one's hat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2017

Well in part he is somewhat optimistic.

With Billon's of years and billions of planets then panspermia is more likely then I thought, especially with the ease stellar winds and light radiation can move bacteria sized particles about although only a really tiny fraction could survive the long journey but stars do move about as well and form in clusters.

I doubt aliens would want to store bacteria with information, however easily they could do it but aliens are aliens.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokinBerserkers vs. Panspermia -- I think it's a great idea for a SF movie franchise.

Wasn't the whole raison d'être of the berserkers to prevent the spread of life, that entropic parasite, and is the title not a tautology that might carry meaning only to living creatures, and this be a secret signal to the berserkers? Are you working for them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Berserkers are a form of life Shirley?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2017

Don't let THEM hear you say that!
    No, we want that. They'll all start choking themselves
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2017

NASA finds a second solar system as big as ours: Google AI hunt finds an EIGHTH planet orbiting distant Kepler 90 star in breakthrough in hunt for aliens.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5180327/NASA-set-major-announcement.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2017

Sour grapes.
    Hiding sonoboy
    That article reads like it was written by an eighth-grader, and doesn't ever really address the question posed by the title.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2017

NBF house style. Takes years to learn.
    wangprose
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2017

To infinity and beyond: Trump has big plans for Nasa – but is it just a fantasy?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/dec/26/trump-nasa-moon-space-travel
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2017

If he says it, expect the opposite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2017

Ooops. Space is difficult.
    Isaac Arthur - a light-hearted interview
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqItyJNyMww
    Posted By: pcstruOoops.Space is difficult.
    It's not not rocket science!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2017