Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2019 edited

Musk went to my university. He is a citizen of Canada. Therefore I get to be as rude as I want
    More Boeing software issues, this time with the StarLiner launch to the ISS. The same people who programmed the 737MAX8?
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/12/something-went-wrong-with-the-starliner-spacecrafts-first-flight/
    and
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/12/17/737_max_halt/
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2019

Maybe they should sync to GPS?
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2019

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanMore Boeing software issues, this time with the StarLiner launch to the ISS. The same people who programmed the 737MAX8?
    That was the very first thought in my head when I heard about the Starliner fuckup this morning.
    In movie-land, Elon Musk would be fueling a Falcon 9 right now, equipped with a rapidly constructed adapter, to launch and tow Starliner to the ISS, thus saving Christmas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Is Father Christmas stuck in the Starliner then?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

In reality land, however, Elon is just a pedo guy projector.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2019

Mission Control called the Starliner's touchdown in New Mexico a success.

Rather expensive space tour. Sounds like Frump speaking of his impeachment.
    Trump is a sort of √úbermensch though, isn't he? I mean he actually is in pretty good shape for someone of his age, and just standing up and performing for hours at those silly rallies, with his output volume turned up to "rant 11", proves that his cardiovascular and pulmonary and salivary systems are working pretty well. I know I couldn't do that, especially after nights sleeping on an aeroplane and days dealing with zero real privacy and people listening at the toilet door counting flushes.
    And look at his survival and reproductive skills. His offspring might be stupid but they look healthy, just like the wives and concubines.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2019 edited

It's the blood transfusions from young humans, be they intravenous or GI alimentary.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanPushing the sun around
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3y8AIEX_dU

I want to see the connectors.
    Come, come. I even provided the relevant source material.

ETA It occurs to me that a Hawking BH drive would fare even better
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Just a few minor engineering kinks to work out, eh?
    What would the signature (EM, GW, etc) of a Hawking BH drive look like from, say, a kiloparsec away, as it zips across the galaxy? Like a jet contrail in the upper troposphere, only instead of water vapour suspended in air, it is composed of neutrinos suspended in sheer .... gravity?
    Good question. It's been a while so I refer you to Crane & Westmoreland's original paper on arXiv. IIRC, until right at end-of-life, the radiation is predominantly gamma and in this case, directed. I imagine there's some scattering off the interstellar medium as you suggest, but how much and at what distance visible I cannot say.
    Posted By: AsterixJust a few minor engineering kinks to work out, eh?
    We're in a position somewhat akin to - as will be familiar to most here - that of the 17th Century swain tending his flock and wondering how the hell he's going to construct a gallium arsenide HEMT at 20 nm process width. Pretty standard problem, actually.
    Ah, but how the bass rise to a nice gallium arsenide HEMT, if it's tied properly.
    Meat helmets and luge lessons
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2019