Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2020

Posted By: TrimIn a few million years we might have to move away from the earth or move the earth to avoid this stuff.

I'll stick something in my diary.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2020

Better start out now--it'll take some time to get there--assuming that it's still "there".
    Can't wait for the crispions to arrive for storage in the subspace pockets of our future drive chambers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2020

Let's Put A Space Station Around The Moon! | Answers With Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODWq94L0HTs
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2020

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2020

I'll wait for the condensed version of the video. Watching shaky can slow-action isn't my idea of a good use of my time.
    Fortunately... there is the moletrap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

2016 fat chance.

NASA thinks there's a way to get to Mars in three days.

https://phys.org/news/2016-02-nasa-mars-days.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Same old same old except only interplanetary. It would be interesting to see if that is enough to make it practical
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Pity the bird that gets caught in the beam.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Worse than windmills!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Well as long as it was a duck, goose or turkey then it would save the energy of cooking it.
    Posted By: AsterixPity the bird that gets caught in the beam.
    Space birds beware!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2020

SATELLITE CONSTELLATIONS HARVEST ENERGY FOR NEAR-TOTAL GLOBAL COVERAGE.

https://revolution-green.com/satellite-constellations-harvest-energy-near-total-global-coverage/
    • CommentAuthorloreman

As there’s now going to be a steeper thermal gradient between the planet and space because of the Galloping Greenhouse, can’t we use that in some way to make electrons flow through pipes?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Ask Philip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

If we could we should, but the actual change in temperature gradient is very small - just a couple of degrees at one end.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

So when will we mount an expedition to Fornax, the moon of Jupiter, which has twice Earth gravity?
    Posted By: loremanAs there’s now going to be a steeper thermal gradient between the planet and space because of the Galloping Greenhouse, can’t we use that in some way to make electrons flow through pipes?

Posted By: AngusIf we could we should, but the actual change in temperature gradient is very small - just a couple of degrees at one end.

Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind. Lasso a thunderhead with a mesh of graphene nanofibers and give it a pull...