Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Well, there's cryptic, and then there's Trim
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014

You lot are so lucky.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanIt parses as Start Ram to the causal observer. Needs appropriate capitalisation, thus: StarTram.
    The chief criticism of this idea of which I'm aware is the monumental superconducting current required to keep the end aloft. People are quoted as saying that it would blank out communications over two states

As long as you hold the Begamp current steady I imagine it wouldn't do much except really screw up any migrating creatures, sailboats, or people with samarium-cobalt magnets in their pockets within a few hundred miles.
    I suspect the comment was due to the fact that a strong magnetic field can pull a receiver tuned circuit off resonance
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Boomerangs would be OK though.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: TrimBoomerangs would be OK though.

Except for the steel ones. Oh, and all the people with pacemakers might like to fly south for the winter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014 edited

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI suspect the comment was due to the fact that a strong magnetic field can pull a receiver tuned circuit off resonance

Depends how it works. Besides, don't all receivers these days just sample the antenna with a fast A/D and then just simulate the rest of the circuitry?
    Certainly that's how software radio works. So yeah, hmm, I am not sure why they made that comment. Maybe they thought it would be AC (which would be a dumb assumption if I'm not mistaken). I'm off to the pub shortly so will bandy that one around - right after the HD wars battle dust has settled.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014 edited

250 Begamps at 60 Hz would definitely be audible for a long way. Probably even if you don't have a radio.
    Teeth
    • CommentAuthorLakes

250 BigAmps?, how many JiggaWatts is that? :)
    Depends on the voltation. Killervolts times BigAmps is JiggaWatts.
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanTeeth

Not any more. Metal amalgam, gold and silver dental fillings have been mostly replaced with white plastic crud that hardly picks up anything. Nowadays you have to use your facial and lingual studs, to get any decent programming.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Even Jigga, Jigga whats.
    Boom sha-Boom.
    Reminds me that Andrei Pukharich, Uri Geller's manager back in the day, had a patent on a tooth radio.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    Posted By: alsetalokinBoom sha-Boom.

I think you mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp-WQX2nACg
    Uh.... now Google knows I have a Samsung device in the house and is now targeting me with Samsung-specific ads for apps and shit.
    I realize too that Google now has a full face photograph of me that it took when the damn tablet automagically signed on to the Googleplex when I was first playing with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Wow! How come that didn't crash the system?
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: alsetalokinUh.... now Google knows I have a Samsung device in the house and is now targeting me with Samsung-specific ads for apps and shit.
    I realize too that Google now has a full face photograph of me that it took when the damn tablet automagically signed on to the Googleplex when I was first playing with it.

So now you know what the device is for....roping you in. Perhaps Google just wanted a closer look at you.