Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2020

Posted By: Andrew Palfreymanhttps://twitter.com/i/status/1272348122421891073

Yes, I saw some children playing with a quadcopter while I was ridening my pedelec home. None of them wore c-19 masks or other protective gear. Weird, I thought.
    At the same time, in another place, a few tons of nitrogen evaporated peacefully.

And the POTUS looks like a negative film panda, wears high heels and has mold on his head. He does not drink but walks like, talks like, looks like, thinks like a stage 45 alcoholic.

We live in interesting times. Most of us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2020

•  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2020 edited

USA: The Nation that Committed Suicide

-- or --

How a once-great nation was unable to face the Perfect Storm of a deadly pandemic, civil unrest and the non-leadership of incompetent and corrupt sociopaths, and began eating itself until it choked on its own bones.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2020

Posted By: alsetalokinSounds noisy, too.
    Yeah. I only like the quiet rocket motors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2020

Darn I was three off.

Milky Way Could Host up to Six Billion Earth-like Planets, Scientists Say.

https://www.newsweek.com/milky-way-six-billion-earth-like-planets-scientists-1511380
    Are you sure? Where's it going to get all the tableware?
    Just spelling it is challenging enough. Much less pronouncing it.
    The French "je" works well there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2020

Isn't that what the Czechs call "ř" as in Dvořak, which is utterly unpronounceable unless you are born to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2020 edited

Didn't he have some horses too?

Not Antonin, I mean, but Nikolaj.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I had the same vague memory but Wiki told me that was Przewalski. I don't know if they were related.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Air Breathing Ion Thrusters & Low Orbit Satellites.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=srmtxK44YXk
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

the Xrz (where X is a consonant) is very prevalent in Polish. A good friend of the family spelled her surname beginning with "Wrzl.."

Problems in English arise when the various diacritics are left out for typographical convenience. The name of the guy who invented "Polish" notation is "Jan Łukasiewicz", where the stroke-l is pronounced as English "w". Same for the stroke-l in "Lech Wałęsa" (va-weh-sa) or the movement in Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an exhibition", "Bydło" = "bid wo" = "cattle", often used pejoratively to mean "peasants", "sheeple", etc. It does not, contrary to numerous professors of music, mean an "oxcart".
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Wałesa here is generally pronounced "Va-wen-sa". I don't know how correct this is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2020

Life in the galaxy: maybe this is as good as it gets?

https://phys.org/news/2020-06-life-galaxy-good.html
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2020 edited

Starship must withstand a pressure in between ~6 and ~8.5 bar strength; A ~6 bar is needed for orbital flight and ~8.5 bar is needed for crewed flights.

850 kN/sq m: not a small pressure for a tub that size.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2020 edited

I fear that their soda-can approach and reusability are incompatible a risk factor.