Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2021

Full of inaccuracies.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2021

+
    Cuckbait.
    some secret!

and a really shit video, full of disinfo and inaccuracies,
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2021

World's fastest RC aircraft hits a stunning 548 mph – without a motor.

https://newatlas.com/aircraft/dynamic-soaring-speed-record-spencer-lisenby/
    Those things are incredible. Dynamic soaring is possible in human-carrying sailplanes too but it is very rare.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

How did they stop it? Forced stall?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Amazing!!
    Posted By: goatcheezHow did they stop it? Forced stall?

That's a good question. Something designed to go that fast usually doesn't go slow very well. Ballistic parachute? Or maybe the deep stall would work, if you could get into it without breaking off the elevator. Point the thing straight up, flip up the tailplane when speed is slow at the apex, then spiral down in the deep stall and release a parachute to cushion the crash-landing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

They showed the landing. It was flying upwind more or less stationary groundspeed and they just lowered the altitude to zero. It wasn't shown how they got it into that condition, though.
    Oh yeah they must be flying in a strong wind to make that dynamic soaring work.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2021

Carbon Monoxide poisoning given as major contributor to crash

This crash happened not far from my place. lots of ammunition for a legal case against the operator, and some new legislation needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Lots of them flying about here in the Air Taxi trade. The Beaver has been a reliable tub since 1947 (though MY didn't like them)

I've never heard of such a thing.
    Posted By: AngusI've never heard of such a thing.

An examination of the wreckage established several pre-existing cracks in the plane’s exhaust ring “very likely” released gas into the engine bay, which then entered the cabin through holes where missing bolts should have been.

“A 27 minute taxi, with the pilot’s door ajar, before the passengers boarded likely exacerbated the pilot’s elevated carboxyhaemoglobin level,” the report states.

“As a result, the pilot would have almost certainly experienced effects such as confusion, visual disturbance and disorientation.

“Consequently, it was likely that this significantly degraded the pilot‘s ability to safely operate the aircraft.”

The plane’s CO chemical spot detector was likely not effective due to sun bleaching, the report also concluded.

That reminds me. I need to replace the steering shaft's firewall seal in my car.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I guess the Aussies have no native beavers. They should have been flying the deHavilland Platypus.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2021 edited

Speaking of wildlife down under.... I learned today that wombat turds are cubical.

Allegedly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

it's a dicey way to take a shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

The British Are Testing Their New Secret Combat Aircraft - YouTube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=asjqqTRYzc8&feature=emb_rel_end
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2021

Ten aircraft you can fly without a licence.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CK3PEvDbGmE
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2021

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2021 edited