Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2021

There are a number of companies in Korea, Germany and even Oz who have built or are offering full size ekranoplan-ferries. I haven't heard of any autonomous ones. They would be great here in the air-taxi role, but so far no takers. We still have the world's largest floatplane taxi network running ancient Canadian floatplanes named after freshwater aquatic animals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Hope you are safer.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: BigOilRep
    Posted By: loremanI can see what he means. It’s aesthetically descended from the Spitfire-very Supermarine

It has a retro styling, but it you could say it looks like many planes from the period, not particularly like a Spitfire.

More like a P-39 Aerocobra to me - I'm sure plane buffs could find something closer.

It’s the partially elliptical wing, I think. I know it’s not the same as the Spitfire, but there’s a suggestion there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It works pretty well. I like the thought of ekranoplans as fast ferries but I am a bit doubtful about mixing traffic at aeroplane speeds with traffic at boat speeds.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2021

Please correct me if I’m being obtuse here, but with the latest developments in beam weaponry, wouldn’t it make sense to make your military hardware reflective?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2021 edited

The point has been made before. You need to have a ginormous amount of laser power to make much of an impact on anything unless you can hold the beam steady on a fixed spot long enough to get it hot. Then you can start your cut. A major issue with "beam" weaponry in the past has been how to focus the beam steadily enough on your target, assuming that it doesn't really want to stay still while you destroy it.

That said, some lasers can deliver a lot of energy in a very short time. Then the problem becomes how to stop the laser optics from being destroyed every time you fire. The least amount of dirt will do it.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

So it’s more likely a “stealth” thing? Hiding in plain (ahem) sight from electronic feelers?
    •  
      CommentAuthormagic moment
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2021 edited

• CommentAuthorloreman

And it’s not even April
    They finally smuggled acid into Farnborough
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2021

Posted By: loremanSo it’s more likely a “stealth” thing? Hiding in plain (ahem) sight from electronic feelers?
    The stakeholder temporarily changed the coating of the F-22 to a reflective one while awaiting resolution of a dispute between the various owners of the USA about the order in which the Amazon logo, Apple logo, Alphabet logo, Microsoft logo, Chinese flag and Russian flag will appear on the final coating ...
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2021

This brought back a memory from 1963. I was standing in the school playground in 1962 and way, way up were some Lockheed Starfighters. They were pretty reflective too and gleamed in the sunlight.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2022 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2022

Well done, the police!
    Sort of odd that in this day and age the train driver is incommunicado even for emergency messages.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2022

Even if the train driver were alerted, there likely would have been too little time for him/her to do anything meaningful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2022

•  
      CommentAuthorterry1094
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2022

Wouldn't be so lazy at Pali Gap; but, I doubt he would have found the vertical stabilizer.