Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Then consider it a conclusion from a premise voiced out loud because the conclusion is intriguing. But like most, I reject the premise, which answers al's query.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2016

Nobody wants a herd of cats.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I have this image of a cat auctioneer...
    Countess Groan had no problem
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I wasn't aware that she bought her cats at auction.
    Not what I'm saying, actually. I was more paying attention to the flocking aspect
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2016 edited

Flocking in cats is incidental. They gravitate towards a primary source of comfort. They have no more herding instinct than planets do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

Catnip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Very comforting. Thank you.
    I agree with Angus and therefore feel a bit dirty this morning
    Dy2Yb0.2Te3

If that was a message from the future, what might it mean?
    That you didn't pay enough attention in PChem class.
    What makes you think it has anything to do with me? And what's your criticism anyway? I bet something to do with valencies.
    What makes you think my "you" refers to you in particular? Guilty conscience?
    What's my criticism? There's not enough gadolinium in the matrix, obviously.
    Posted By: alsetalokinWhat makes you think my "you" refers to you in particular? Guilty conscience?
    Sorry, but that's whack.
    No need to apologize to _me_. Besides, shouldn't you be down at the local this evening?
    There is no _you_
    --- achieves satori and vanishes in a puff of pixels....
    I'm wondering what kind of mathematics we'll have in, say, a thousand years.

I don't know how GR could have been described without Riemann's stuff. It rescued Albert, and fortunately was already around, although still quite new. For the new stuff we'll discover, maybe having to do with dark energy, or whatever it turns out to be, chances are we'll need brand spanking new mathematics. That's the way it's worked so far, at least.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2016

Sounds like another round of "which came first - things or the mathematics that describes them" is about to begin. Get your popcorn and drinks now while the concession is open.