Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2019

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanDanny DeVito as Wolverine

Canadians may be of any type.
    What does "mean" mean?
    too many subscripts
    No wars have directly impacted me for the past 70 years. Is this a peacetime record?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2019

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanNo wars have directly impacted me for the past 70 years. Is this a peacetime record?

Dunno. How were the previous 70 years?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2019

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanNo wars have directly impacted me for the past 70 years. Is this a peacetime record?

Saying this after all the penis fencing rituals you were involved in is surprising, but not entirely unexpected.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2019

No friends, relatives or associates casualties of "police actions"? No mental issues or illnesses?

Consider yourself fortunate.
    1.2 trillion dollars. Nobody really understands just how much money that is. If I didn't get lost in all the zeros, that might be a stack of one dollar bills well over a hundred thousand kilometers tall. A substantial part of the way to the moon.
    Posted By: Asterix

No friends, relatives or associates casualties of "police actions"? No mental issues or illnesses?

Consider yourself fortunate.

Certainly has me beat... since my mother was a German "war bride".
    According to several headlines, a planet 44 light years away is "practically next door".

I can't imagine what a long trip would be.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2019

It all depends on your starting point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2019

Hang a left at the Draco Supercluster and look for GRB 090423 - odd number so will be on the right hand side as you face ... out.
    That depends on your vertical orientation.
    Oh and how big a vessel would you need to carry your Depends and to dispose of them after you use them
    during that trip.
    I think you would need a little shitty math(s) to work that out:)
    Ban Scarcity!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2019 edited

To make it scarce? As a way of coping with insufficient plenty?
    Even the headhunters are swiping left and right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrowler
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2020

Posted By: alsetalokin1.2 trillion dollars. Nobody really understands just how much money that is. If I didn't get lost in all the zeros, that might be a stack of one dollar bills well over a hundred thousand kilometers tall. A substantial part of the way to the moon.

You need to start somewhere that you CAN imagine, so lets convert it to time. 1.2 Million seconds is about 13 days. 1.2 Billion is around 38 years. 1.2 Trillion is 38,000 years or thereabouts....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2020

Budgets of NATO and US combined come to $1.6*1012, which is six times that of the next biggest army (China). And Wee Donald wants to INCREASE(!?) NATO spending?

We are very soon going to have to make the choice whether to fight each other or to fight off extinction. Little Greta is quite right. I guess you could build quite a few windmills with 1.6 trillion dollars, and the cancer they cause would also reduce the population. It's a win-win. I'm surprised nobody has proposed it yet.
    It's odd that linear momentum is relative yet angular momentum is absolute.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2020 edited

Maybe that's why they are separately conserved. Or is as a consequence of it.

Spinning doesn't get you anywhere but it defines an absolute location within a reference frame, that is, the center about which uniform circular motion occurs. Linear translation moves you to a different place, where you may once again spin agilely and define a centre. When you start mixing up linear and angular momentum together, you wind up with weird stuff like the behaviour of the gyroscope in forced precession, Larmour precession of cosmic dust grains, and illusory dark matter messing with the rotational profiles of galaxies.