Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2020

About that, according to the Wiki
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanChicken ass on goo

Chacun à son goût
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2020 edited

Posted By: loremanAbout that, according to the Wiki

I think that beeswax as a dental filler goes back millennia. About a week ago, I had a dental crown detach. As the underlying tooth had an exposed nerve, I couldn't get the crown back on, so I resorted to the zinc oxide+gypsum dental filler. When I was back in my dentist's office, I asked him about temporary fillers. He basically said that chewing gum, dental wax or even beeswax was fine. He cautioned me not to re-attach a crown using cyanoacrylate glue--he had a patient do that and had to cut the crown off after an infection developed under the crown.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2020

Yes, but in Atlantis they used composite resin fillings as gold was considered passé.
    If only we hadn't invented dentistry, we might have evolved three sets of teeth by now.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Both my daughters,as did Farokh Bulsara, have an extra set of teeth, which is problematic for their trumpet playing.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Each of your daughters has, what, 64 teeth? Puts a new spin on the term "chops".
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Not a full set, just several behind the “usual” set. We’ve debated having them removed, but as they’re both of major symphony orchestra standard, we decided not to risk it.
    Once we get inertial cancellation working, and figure out traversible wormholes, the galaxy will be ours!!!
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2020

Said Kimball Kinnison
    I wonder how much of the noise from a freeway/motorway/autobahn would be gone if all traffic were electricified. Is tyre noise really significant?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2020 edited

In my experience, yes. And tires are killing salmon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2020 edited

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI wonder how much of the noise from a freeway/motorway/autobahn would be gone if all traffic were electricified. Is tire noise really significant?

Much more significant than engine noise these days. And in a bad spectral range. And as Asterix says, runoff from roads is likely killing the coastal ecosystems.
    Hello! Maybe we have just discovered a need for active tyre noise cancelling technology.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2020

Ain’t that what your horn is for?
    I haven't used my horn for so long I've pretty much forgotten what it is for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

As long as you can include active rubber chips and bits of metal cancelling technology.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: alsetalokinI haven't used my horn for so long I've pretty much forgotten what it is for.

You should visit Mumbai, they’re always leaning on their horns there.
    What if there were tiny event horizons everywhere?
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2020

Every paisley's sacred