Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: AngusI think we should just continue to bicker. What do you say, AP?
    Only one of us can be correct. It then follows that mediation is not only profligate but will inevitably corrupt the semantics and logic of discourse. Being anti-corruption I am ergo pro-bicker. But taking rhis position immediately produces a paradox.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2022

But both of us could be wrong...thereby enriching the legal profession needlessly. I say bicker.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

What if you are both partly correct?
    Then your mediation fee will have to be sharply reduced. I suggest $3/day.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

That's ridiculous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

You can't ask more. That's 50% of the combined income AP and I get from arguing entertainingly on moletrap
    • CommentAuthorloreman

You mean there’s money to be had? I should get pernickety like the rest of you!
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Yes. You can become incredibly wealthy very quickly by arguing on moletrap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I may have exaggerated slightly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

I disagree...
    Consider these two facts:
    - photons build up an interference pattern after a double slit even when sent through one at a time;
    - two waves in quadrature (e.g, horizontally and vertically polarised respectively) will not interfere.

I'm wondering whether we can play with these to produce some interesting Young's Slits variants.
    Can we treat electron spin as the equivalent of polarisation? - no, at first blush.

These are the kinds of questions which arise when one has not studied QED in detail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2022

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanCan we treat electron spin as the equivalent of polarisation? - no, at first blush.

Yes, I believe you can. Photon spin is the equivalent of photon polarisation, after all. But of course electron charge complicates things.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

I first read that as “election spin” and then spent a very surreal 30 seconds
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Well they are definitely polarised.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Yes, which led me into the quagmire
    The trick is to know where your towel is to an accuracy which defies even Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2022

Well that seems Mostly Harmless