Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited

If you think about it there are two ways of achieving the quasi-isothermal and quasi-adiabatic interactions shown in the above diagram. The hard way and the easy way.

The hard way is to have permanent magnets for B and H. This entails constraining the magnets along complicated paths where both the distance and speed of approach and separation is varied appropriately. This is difficult to do mechanically.

The easy way is to vary the H field electromagnetically with some kind of controller. It would appear this is what Steorn have achieved.

Pretty obvious when you think about it but the tirade of skeptical comment on this forum was so great that it took me some time to see the obvious.

I think the number 419 opened my eyes to the fact that Steorn have dug a large bear pit and the skeptics, to a man, have fallen right in it.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited

Of course you do.

Posted By: GrimerI think the number 491 opened my eyes to the fact that Steorn have dug a large bear pit and the skeptics, to a man, have fallen right in it.

The number is 419, BTW :)
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009

Absolutely right. And once in it they are still digging. T.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: aber0derOf course you do.

Posted By: GrimerI think the number 491 opened my eyes to the fact that Steorn have dug a large bear pit and the skeptics, to a man, have fallen right in it.

The number is 419, BTW :)
    Thanks for pointing that out aber0der. I've corrected it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsaner

But Grimer, you have believed (nearly?) every crackpot OU widget presented so far. Worse, you have claimed to know why they all 'work'. Sorry, I for one will let the wolf eat you.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

As far as I can tell, nobody has seen fit to update the Wiki page on Steorn to include the demo. This suggests to me that Steorn don't even believe themselves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: tinkerAbsolutely right. And once in it they are still digging. T.

It will be interesting to see if they continue to dig. I expect they will.

This is ludicrous. Without any metrics whatsoever on the component interactions but just a spinning wheel powered by a battery that no one can investigate it is supposed to by itself wow the skeptics into some kind of epiphany? Even some believers are disgusted with this approach. It is not scientific but hearkens to more of a PT Barnum sideshow spectacle with all the panache of Las Vegas. I am surprised there weren't any scantily clad bimbos next to the displays.
    Posted By: GrimerIt will be interesting to see if they continue to dig. I expect they will.

When one is buried knee deep in bullshit digging your way out is the most sensible thing to do.
    • CommentAuthorDirtfarmer

Tinker, surely you can not consider me to be a "Blind" sceptic?
    ...I have seen NOTHING that would change any rational person's mind.. No?
    C'mon...
    YOu may have inside information, (though what you have may be suspect... has anyone independently empirically confirmed their findings?)

Goodwill,
    -Dirtfarmer

Oh , and BTW, Grimer, I do find that interesting..
    Goodwill,
    -Dirtfarmer
    • CommentAuthortinker

Dirtfarmer. We missed you out of the SKDB...never mind. Hope all is well with you. Empirical and experimental confirmation has been done independently by me. That I will tell you. But that won't please or convince anyone of the hooligans in here. T
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: sanerBut Grimer, you have believed (nearly?) every crackpot OU widget presented so far. Worse, you have claimed to know why they all 'work'. Sorry, I for one will let the wolf eat you.

Correct. I always believe in giving every crackpot theory the benefit of the doubt until there is no longer any doubt. I believe in acting as counsel for the defence for such theories. The object of a counsel for the defence is to make out as good a case for his client as he can. His personal feelings about the innocence or guilt of the client are irrelevant. Al takes a different stance. He seems to act as a prosecuting counsel and consider his task to find out everything wrong rather than anything right.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Grimer

If you think about it there are two ways of achieving the quasi-isothermal and quasi-adiabatic interactions shown in the above diagram. The hard way and the easy way.

The hard way is to have permanent magnets for B and H. This entails constraining the magnets along complicated paths where both the distance and speed of approach and separation is varied appropriately. This is difficult to do mechanically.

The easy way is to vary the H field electromagnetically with some kind of controller. It would appear this is what Steorn have achieved.

Pretty obvious when you think about it but the tirade of skeptical comment on this forum was so great that it took me some time to see the obvious.

I think the number 419 opened my eyes to the fact that Steorn have dug a large bear pit and the skeptics, to a man, have fallen right in it.
    Frank, seek professional help.

Thanks Tinker,
    I hope i can speak to you in the future sometime, (Unfortunately I now see I certainly cannot afford my own re-entrance...)
    Goodwill,
    -Dirtfarmer

The object of a counsel for the defence is to make out as good a case for his client as he can.

I have heard of pro bono but you have created a new service called pro bozo.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: sanerBut Grimer, you have believed (nearly?) every crackpot OU widget presented so far. Worse, you have claimed to know why they all 'work'. Sorry, I for one will let the wolf eat you.

Correct. I always believe in giving every crackpot theory the benefit of the doubt until there is no longer any doubt. I believe in acting as counsel for the defence for such theories. The object of a counsel for the defence is to make out as good a case for his client as he can. His personal feelings about the innocence or guilt of the client are irrelevant. Al takes a different stance. He seems to act as a prosecuting counsel and consider his task to find out everything wrong rather than anything right.
    Funny, I see you more as a badly deluded, and/or intentionally perjurious witness. You remind me of the flakes that call up the police after each major crime claiming to have key evidence because they crave attention.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Knuckles OToole

The object of a counsel for the defence is to make out as good a case for his client as he can.

I have heard of pro bono but you have created a new service calledpro bozo.
    Excellent!
    Posted By: tinker
    Empirical and experimental confirmation has been done independently by me. That I will tell you.

I can understand why a battery might be needed to start the device and get it up to speed. Can you explain why it couldn't be switched out with a capacitor and then removed after everything is up to speed? If it's OU, it should keep the cap charged just as easily as a battery, right?

OC, did you see my most recent Demo theory?
    Goodwill,
    -Dirtfarmer