Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009

Clickable Thanks OC

Hitler reacts to Steorn's demo and launch of Orbo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRk5ea5pA5Y
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited

Posted By: TrimClickable Thanks OC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRk5ea5pA5Y
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009

Posted By: overconfidentSome light entertainment from Steorn:
    http://www.steorn.com/skdb/e-learning/flash-promo/3.1/index.html

Nicely done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorspeccy
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009 edited

Posted By: TrimClickable Thanks OC

I prefer Hitler's reaction to the Oasis split: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6IyGAvbOs4 :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

On atomic structure, I found that the woman was speaking too fast for me . It would be helpful for intelligibility if the speech was slowed down a bit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

And whilst on the subject of atomic structure, why is it as it is? Why is nearly all the mass concentrated in a very small volume in the middle and is surrounded by a cloud of highly dispersed mass. What is this telling us?

What's your opinion?
    Posted By: GrimerAnd whilst on the subject of atomic structure, why is it as it is? Why is nearly all the mass concentrated in a very small volume in the middle and is surrounded by a cloud of highly dispersed mass. What is this telling us?

What's your opinion?

Because if it were any other way, we wouldn't be around to see it. And that is a fact, Frank.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

It may be a fact but it is not an explanation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

This pattern is found throughout nature. What is the explanation?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsaner

Posted By: GrimerThis pattern is found throught nature. What is the explanation?

Throughout nature in what way? I think I know where you are going, I just want to be sure.
    Someone's personal video footage of the Orbo demonstration:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdb1U7sGyi8
    •  
      CommentAuthorspeccy

Some very unparliamentary language in the Irish Parliament :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f-TMSbQ8mk
    It's love Frank. Love keeps the particles together.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: saner
    Posted By: GrimerThis pattern is found throughout nature. What is the explanation?

Throughout nature in what way? I think I know where you are going, I just want to be sure.

Well you tell me where you think I was going and I will tell you whether you were right or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Posted By: GrimerIt may be a fact but it is not an explanation.

Neither is "god wanted it that way, because he wanted to create US as the pinnacle of existence, and in his infinite wisdom he knew that when he created a universe with these particular finely-tuned laws and natural constants, in the fullness of time he could mould a race of beings from the dust of stars, that would be offered Paradise, yet Fall through the machinations of the Prince of Light, his former beloved sidekick Lucifer. And that this race of puny monkeys would be given dominion over all things under the sun, and would adore him eternally (as long as they kept the god's commands, of course; can't have those monkeys getting uppity after all.)
    That's not an explanation either, but that is what you are converging upon, and we both know it.

(Oh, I left out the part about the gamma atmosphere pressure holding things together from the outside, even against electrostatic repulsion. Sorry. That's just a relative way of looking at things. It really IS love that holds it all together. God's love. Isn't it, Frank.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsaner

Posted By: GrimerWell you tell me where you think I was going and I will tell you whether you were right or not.

No thanks Frank. Carry on.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Not everything needs or has what you consider an explanation. But why you believe there is a gravity wheel somewhere-- THAT does. So where is that explanation and where is that working gravity wheel? Making one shouldn't be rocket science based on the diagrams I've seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Posted By: GrimerIt may be a fact but it is not an explanation.

Neither is "god wanted it that way, because he wanted to create US as the pinnacle of existence, and in his infinite wisdom he knew that when he created a universe with these particular finely-tuned laws and natural constants, in the fullness of time he could mould a race of beings from the dust of stars, that would be offered Paradise, yet Fall through the machinations of the Prince of Light, his former beloved sidekick Lucifer. And that this race of puny monkeys would be given dominion over all things under the sun, and would adore him eternally (as long as they kept the god's commands, of course; can't have those monkeys getting uppity after all.)
    That's not an explanation either, but that is what you are converging upon, and we both know it.

(Oh, I left out the part about the gamma atmosphere pressure holding things together from the outside, even against electrostatic repulsion. Sorry. That's just a relative way of looking at things. It really IS love that holds it all together. God's love. Isn't it, Frank.)

You are quite wrong. It wasn't what I was converging on at all. As for love holding things together, the atmospheres show that attraction is a negation at all scales and that as far as physics is concerned there is no "love". I would have thought that strictly materialist view of things might have appealed to you.