Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009

Posted By: Tesl01D
    Posted By: AngusHow soon before we get a computer-assisted theory in physics? (Or do we already have one?)
    I know Expert Systems are re-proving certain theories -- and one certainly came up with a drop-dead ingenious and novel way to wire certain circuitry... but they pulled the plug on it soon after that.

Sure - lots of applications of expert systems etc. But I am thinking of a new and basic physical theory that requires computations nobody could do by hand. It must be coming soon. The where are we?
    • CommentAuthorAtom

I think that super computers in perhaps 20 years time might be able to take simple starting points such as positron electron only big bangs, and run a simulation to see if we end up with soufflé or sludge.
    • CommentAuthorAtom

And perhaps even a workable tax system.
    • CommentAuthorTesl01D

Ya -- but we gotta pull the plug.
    Or else.
    • CommentAuthorAtom

[quote][cite]Posted By: Tesl01D[/cite]Ya -- but we gotta pull the plug.
    Or else.[/quote]

What?
    • CommentAuthorTesl01D

Posted By: Atom
    Posted By: Tesl01DYa -- but we gotta pull the plug.
    Or else.
    What?
    IT pulls the plug.
    • CommentAuthorAtom

on killing gosub?
    • CommentAuthorTesl01D

Then it's strictly 'garbage collection'...
    GAME OVER
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009 edited

All I get from mediafire is ads and shitty obnoxious intrusive ads at that. I never did figure out how to display the image! Sheesh.

Edit: OK, I found the buried "display image" link among all the horrible clutter-- I might have found it earlier if I wasn't tired but it's still a lousy host.

PLEASE USE A DECENT HOST. If you don't want to bother with Google Picasa which is free, spacious and exemplary, then at least use something decent like http://tinypic.com. It's fast, easy and makes it easy to display the image back. Thanks.

I must be missing something. I don't see 4 rows of anything. Ah well... will look again in the AM after kawphy.
    • CommentAuthorAtom

@mary, what were you trying to show us?
    • CommentAuthorAtom

Suspense is toooo much.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

It's about what someone else was trying to show here.
    • CommentAuthorAtom

Aaah, more spinny things.
    • CommentAuthorTesl01D

My great-grandfather used to sell whiskey off the back of his wagon.
    That would make anything spin.
    • CommentAuthorTesl01D

Posted By: maryyugoIt's about what someone else was trying to showhere.
    Why... IT'S A BABY ORBO...
    How CUTE!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Posted By: maryyugoAll I get from mediafire is ads and shitty obnoxious intrusive ads at that. I never did figure out how to display the image! Sheesh.

Edit: OK, I found the buried "display image" link among all the horrible clutter-- I might have found it earlier if I wasn't tired but it's still a lousy host.

PLEASE USE A DECENT HOST. If you don't want to bother with Google Picasa which is free, spacious and exemplary, then at least use something decent likehttp://tinypic.com. It's fast, easy and makes it easy to display the image back. Thanks.

I must be missing something. I don't see 4 rows of anything. Ah well... will look again in the AM after kawphy.

???
    I have used MediaFire for several years and I don't think I've seen an ad yet. Of course I use a script blocker...
    Many of my files, pictures, videos, etc. are stored on MediaFire; they are fast, easy to use, I have never received spam, and I see no ads, except a blurb for their "premium" (read "for money") service on the login page.

I think you are missing something. Each to her own...but I can't help but wonder why you have so many problems with computers, when my experience is so often different.

I find MediaFire easy to use.
    Here's a link to a picture I stored there:

And here's a link to TK's whole neorts directory:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=940933a6c22ce052ab1eab3e9fa335cae8605e2b9f15bfd7

Where are all those ads? I only see the one, for their premium service, and it's easy to ignore. If animations bother you, just hit your "esc" key and they will stop moving.
    Posted By: maryyugoIt's about what someone else was trying to showhere.

Odd. I can't see a single ad on that page, unless you want to call the logo blurb in the bottom right corner an "ad".
    The image loads just fine, fast, and I see that I can view it and download it in several different sizes.

If you don't like MediaFire, that's your prerogative of course. But your objections as stated, don't seem to me to be valid.
    @Mary,

And I even tried to make it a nobrainer by embedding the image so you wouldn't need to go to Mediafire to see it:
    http://www.moletrap.co.uk/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=578&Focus=28382#Comment_28382
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

The way mediafire came up on my screen, being a bit sleepy, it was easy to click on any one of ten or so links on their silly screen, which brings up an ad where I thought the image was or the rest are useless and unwanted. Only ONE link which appeared slowly on my screen would bring up the picture. And yes, it allows hot links. Tinypic.com is much easier, cleaner and better. Picasa is better yet. Here's what mediafire's opening screen on the link I critized looked like to me:

Hideously cluttered and completely unnecessarily. Also popup hell. And the FF popup blocker doesn't seem to prevent it.