Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorGrowler
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009

Anything interesting happen overnight?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Tacho man kept himself busy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrowler

I've noticed that Tacho-man has lost a lot of his hair, had a shave and gone grey all in the one night - perhaps the demo isn't going that well after all...
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

It's the thought of having to stay up every night for a week.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: GrowlerI've noticed that Tacho-man has lost a lot of his hair, had a shave and gone grey all in the one night - perhaps the demo isn't going that well after all...
    He may be suffering radiation poisoning from all that excess energy.
    • CommentAuthormensor

So, I've read that orbos have been swapped out a few times - is this confirmed?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

I saw tacho man fiddling with one with a screwdriver sometime yesterday. Otherwise I couldn't say. The #1 stream has gone blank a few times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrowler

Sometime around 5pm Dublin time yesterday he replaced (or at least removed/replaced) the orbo towards the bottom left of cam2. Other than that I've not personally seen any other swapouts.
    Someone in the vicinity of Dublin's fair city should pop down there and collar tacho-man, look him in the eye, and challenge him to explain how this thing differs from a regular €10 DC motor with a battery attached. We know Sean McCarthy is a compulsive liar / Walter Mitty, so you'd get nothing from him, but one of the others on the payroll might give something approaching an honest answer.

I reckon you'd get about 30 seconds before the Steorn mafia took you outside to the Liffey to help you into your concrete boots.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrowler

Well, I checked out the cheapo air fares yesterday, but couldn't find one that was reasonable. I have a relative however who regularly crosses the Irish sea by Ferry - so am hoping that he can provide some transport early in the New Year. I won't, however, be wasting my time by going to Dublin to watch a DC battery powered motor, so unless something changes in the next week.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

All cameras down at 08:00 Atlantic time.
    • CommentAuthorBarguast

Now back again. I shall resist an obvious Orbo-powered-camera joke.
    • CommentAuthornova

Posted By: AngusAll cameras down at 08:00 Atlantic time.

Where is Atlantic time?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited

GMT - 4
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Camera 1 is back up. One woman is wandering around.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Camera 1 is back down. Device didn't seem like it was spinning. I went to zoom in and the camera was down again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: GrowlerAnything interesting happen overnight?

Nothing except that the universe feels compelled to constantly replenish the subatomic energy cycling through Orbo. Nothing important - go back to lurking.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

That is until herds of IPFUs come and gobble it all up before flying off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

For today, then, here's a suggestion for a demo of an electrically-powered orbo like the one we're faced with.

Purchase a second identical battery. Make sure both are fully charged (requires an obeserver). Place beside orbo-powering battery. Wire a flashlight bulb across each battery. Watch which bulb quits glowing first.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: joshsThat is until herds of IPFUs come and gobble it all up before flying off.

IPFU are about as likely as a free energy device. Get real - Get ORBO.