Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsonoboy
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014

This happened to me today and is a good indicator of why I cannot accept the view of most who post here,, that we live in an objective reality.

I was leaving a Home Depot this afternoon. My shopping there was uneventful,, nothing happened in the store or parking lot to precipitate what followed. I loaded my stuff in my SUV and headed down the back side of the parking lot, which was pretty much devoid of any cars, unlike up near the building itself. I got to the end of the lot which joins with a short exit road out to the light. At that point I stopped to kindly let a car on the exit road to go by, which was proper to do as they had the right of way. I pulled up behind them at the light which was red. It looked like a woman driver, there was a big dog in the back seat and the guy in the front passenger seat had a dark deep blue or black bandanna on top of his head with some kind of white design on it. It was folded over the top of his head and tied like you might see on a biker or on a pirate in a movie. He's sorta just looking around and bobbing his head a little like maybe he was listening to some music. There was NO eye contact and I didn't see his face. I was wearing dark sun glasses anyway, so you couldn't tell where I was looking. I was thinking to myself, this guy might be high and he looks kinda goofy or crazy.

The light turned green and they slowly turned left and pulled away from me a couple hundred feet and stayed out in the passing lane (left). They pulled up to another stoplight way up ahead. I was in the right hand lane and just mossyin along in this other lane and well behind them. As I approached this intersection I had an overwhelming feeling that this guy was going to start trouble with me. It was not a hunch,, it was a 'knowing',, that's the only way I can put it.

Now, there was a white pickup truck with a couple of guys in it stopped in front of me under the stoplight and I was stopped a full car length behind them. In the left lane at least 2 car lengths in front of me sat the 'crazy' guy. Again, plain as day, a 'knowing' is the only thing I can equate it to,, this guy is going to roll down his window, the car's going to back up, and he's going to start yelling at me.

Well, the fucking window rolls down, the car backs up 2 car lengths so that it's along side mine, and he starts yelling at me like a crazy drunk!!!!!!!! Heyyyy YOUUUUU!!! Hey YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Bang Bang Bang he starts hammering on his car door trying to get my attention. HEYYYYYY WEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! HEYYYYYYY!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bang Bang Bang..............HEY YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

The same 'knowing' said (if that makes sense) 'DO not look at him or acknowledge him or you're gonna have REAL trouble'. I kept my head facing forward and ignored him, hoping for the damn light to change and thinking WOW, just WOW,, WTF just happened????

The guy continues to carry on so much that the guys in the pickup truck in front of me turn around and start laughing at what the guy is doing. The light turns green and the car with the 'crazy' guy takes off on down the road like nothing happened.

Now at this point I'm driving along a bit rattled to say the least, but also pissed at myself for not giving it right back to him. I stopped to get gas, making sure the 'crazy' guy was nowhere to be seen but on alert to defend myself if he happens to show up.
    So, back on the road I get about 25 miles and several turns and roads away from the spot of this bizzaro incident and about 3 or 4 miles from my camp when I see a guy ahead hitch hiking. He is walking back towards me with his left thumb stuck out. He's wearing a brown jacket and holding his head kinda low as he walked along. I pulled almost abreast of him and guess what?? He's wearing the same bandanna with the same dark shade with a white design on it!!!! BTW, I never did see either guys face and I'm not saying this hitch hiker was him, but let me tell ya,, it has been one strange afternoon.
    • CommentAuthortinker

I just 'know' that was a coincidence. That's not a hunch on my part
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014 edited

How amazing! I "know" that too...!!!
    • CommentAuthorthehard

Are you sure he wasn't trying to warn you you had put your groceries on top of the car and they were falling down?

'cause that would explain everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Sono, does your car look like this one?

• CommentAuthorsonoboy

Posted By: thehardAre you sure he wasn't trying to warn you you had put your groceries on top of the car and they were falling down?

'cause that would explain everything.

Ummm..no. There were no groceries on my car. Besides, doesn't matter what his reason was, I saw it unfold PRIOR to it happening. I can talk about the time I came to a complete stop at a corner on an icy road impossible to see around because I 'knew' a car was coming around it sideways taking up both lanes.. only to have a car come around it sideways just missing me,, or the time on my motorcycle when the same 'knowing' had me moving way over to the right only to have a van come racing around the corner 3/4 in my lane. If I ignored the 'knowing' I would not be here to type this. I would have been the victim of a head on. I have too many examples to mention here.

Does this mean I can predict the future?? Not really, not in any reliable way because the future is not a done deal. What happens is things have a certain amount of probability associated with them happening, and as it builds it's possible to pick up on them. We are individuated units of consciousness experiencing a virtual reality being played out in a larger consciousness system according to a set of rules. If something doesn't violate the ruleset beyond some point, especially locally, then it's possible to have 'knowing' or to otherwise affect things in a way that seem outside normality.
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy

Posted By: aber0derSono, does your car look like this one?

That car is much nicer than mine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I have had many similar experiences. I do not attribute it to magic (which is my description of sonoboy's world view). I attribute it to the fact that my subconscious has always been smarter than I am and picks up things I don't catch. Once in a while it actually lets me know about them in time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Wow - Somehow, before actually reading any of it, I just knew what sonoboy posted in this thread would be absolute bollocks! The only possible explanation is virtual reality ... apparently!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I've been thinking about the title to this thread. Perhaps sonoboy does have a point. Perhaps a virtual reality is a better fit for him.
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy

Posted By: AngusI have had many similar experiences. I do not attribute it to magic (which is my description of sonoboy's world view). I attribute it to the fact that my subconscious has always been smarter than I am and picks up things I don't catch. Once in a while it actually lets me know about them in time.

Argue for your limitations and you get to keep them. You're not giving yourself enough credit. It's not really consciousness / subconsciousness, it's ALL just consciousness.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Maybe the guy had just found out we lived in a virtual reality and it made him very angry?

Seriously, saying that someone looked a bit off and then they went crazy is not the best argument for saying we live in a computer generated reality. I can't see this being published in the Journal of Computational Physics.
    People scoff at precognition because it upsets the apple cart
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy

Posted By: BigOilRepMaybe the guy had just found out we lived in a virtual reality and it made him very angry?

Seriously, saying that someone looked a bit off and then they went crazy is not the best argument for saying we live in a computer generated reality. I can't see this being published in the Journal of Computational Physics.

Well, I never said it was the best argument, but it does not fit with the model of reality being an objective stand alone fundamental system. What it does do is hit closer to home and makes the VR model much more attractive than an objective one., to me anyway.
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanPeople scoff at precognition because it upsets the apple cart

Exactly, but you say it in a way that seams to leave the door open to the notion of there being such a thing to begin with, which is not typical of you.
    I go with "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy".
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

OK. But never forget Enginerd's Dictum.

In cases of precognition, I am pretty sure my explanation is closer to the reality than sonoboy's. At least it has the advantage of being on the right side of Occam.
    Testing alternate hypotheses in this case presents serious problems. Candidate events are rare and unique. Failed predictions tend to be immediately discounted and forgotten. And so on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Strangely enough, when most experiments fail to be replicable they are considered as revealing nothing. Why should PSI experiments be an exception?
    Considering where you stand on this, what opinion do you hold on the Princeton PEAR experiments?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princeton_Engineering_Anomalies_Research_Lab
    http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/