Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorGrowler
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009

I was on the other side of the room and just missed it - but it looked pretty clear
    I missed it too, but it looked like 3 columns of numbers.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited

It said: "For fucks sake, I want a proper job. Oh well, it pays the bills. Sean is a nob. LOL"

There was a crudely drawn penis just below this.
    • CommentAuthorFishtown

three columns of numbers. The one I could read said 920- but I couldn't get a trend on any of them.

He's using a bic classic
    It was captured. It's in another thread.
    Posted By: SuomipoikaWhat is this guy measuring and writing down?

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4527/steornguymeasuring.png
    ETA: Thank you Suomipoika!
    • CommentAuthordareka1

And? Anything of interest on the pad? I'd guess it was just the rotations a minute for each of the three orbos?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuomipoika

I think the guy has written these numbers in the middle column:

... and the rest is quite unclear.

Revolutions per minute. Could it spin that fast?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

Posted By: SuomipoikaI think the guy has written these numbers in the middle column:

well it fits with Al's calculations on reedswitch brakedown and 16hour orbo rundown...
    • CommentAuthormensor

Its like that episode of lost!! hahahah!
    Posted By: dareka1And? Anything of interest on the pad? I'd guess it was just the rotations a minute for each of the three orbos?

Looks like data, doesn't it? But it isn't.

You would need the time of observation, the unique device number (there are several being swapped around, right?), and the RPM reading for that time and device. So at least 4 columns, one for time and 3 for the "shelf" locations, and horizontal markers or something else like that to indicate when a device is changed for a different one, on the same shelf.

What's on that pad is a bunch of apparently useless numbers. Which are times? Where are the unique device designations? And so on and so forth.
    Posted By: mensorIts like that episode of lost!! hahahah!

Uh oh, here come the polar bears!
    Posted By: genesis
    Posted By: SuomipoikaI think the guy has written these numbers in the middle column:

well it fits with Al's calculations on reedswitch brakedown and 16hour orbo rundown...

Er, you're joking, right? I "assumed" 400 rpm for those calculations.

Since it looks to me to be in that ballpark on the video. Someone claimed 2000 rpm but that is clearly bogus.

The ~2 million cycles MTBF for a typical reedswitch is a good estimate though.
    • CommentAuthordareka1

I was thinking that the guy with a beard looks just like that scientist from oxford who keeps time jumping!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Er, you're joking, right? I "assumed" 400 rpm for those calculations.

Since it looks to me to be in that ballpark on the video. Someone claimed 2000 rpm but that is clearly bogus.

The ~2 million cycles MTBF for a typical reedswitch is a good estimate though.

no- you assumed 400...account went up to 21h....now, we know the first windown was about 16h....what would the rpm's be then certanly more than 400,right?
    It is barely possible that the left-hand column is times, and the other two columns are RPM readings from 2 devices. I am uncertain as to the workings of that tacho. Is it optical or magnetically sensing? Is it giving true RPM or is it counting magnet passages, requiring math to obtain the rotor RPM?

no you assumed 400...it went up to 21h....now we know the first windown was about 16h....what would the rpm's be then?

if the switch fails at 2 million cycles, we have 2000000=k(400)(21), and 2000000 = k(x)(16).
    So, k(400)(21) = k(x)(16)
    x=(400)(21)/16
    x=525

So at 525 RPM the reed switch would reach 2 million cycles at 16 hours.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

no you assumed 400...it went up to 21h....now we know the first windown was about 16h....what would the rpm's be then?

if the switch fails at 2 million cycles, we have 2000000=k(400)(21), and 2000000 = k(x)(16).
    So, k(400)(21) = k(x)(16)
    x=(400)(21)/16
    x=525

So at 525 RPM the reed switch would reach 2 million cycles at 16 hours.

you see- it's close(to that table):DDDDDD
    Posted By: dareka1And? Anything of interest on the pad? I'd guess it was just the rotations a minute for each of the three orbos?

Looks like data, doesn't it? But it isn't.

You would need the time of observation, the unique device number (there are several being swapped around, right?), and the RPM reading for that time and device. So at least 4 columns, one for time and 3 for the "shelf" locations, and horizontal markers or something else like that to indicate when a device is changed for a different one, on the same shelf.

What's on that pad is a bunch of apparently useless numbers. Which are times? Where are the unique device designations? And so on and so forth.

Looks to me like the quality of their lab notes perfectly reflects their experimental abilities.
    Man.
    No offense, tachoman, but talk about monkeys with typewriters...

Wouldn't it be easier to set up some columns in an Excel spreadsheet, load it into your damn do-all blackberry braintumor generator, and have it enter the times for each observation as you type it directly into the spreadsheet?
    (We'll save the automated data logging for the next class.)

Jeez. The "go-to" company that has no idea how to use information technology to actually record and process information.