Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

What, exactly, is he for anyway? You'd hope that they'd have enough experimental data already. If he's for the benefit of the public you'd think they could do better than some chap scrawling numbers in biro. A big real time LED readout of the the rpm or something. They could power it off the spare orbo power.
    Data stored on a computer can be retrieved and is subject to subpoena. Paper can be shredded, or eaten...or meaningless.
    • CommentAuthormensor
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009

I think its more mis-direction...I mean, in all seriousness allowing his notebook to be viewed like that seems totally set up!
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: mensorI think its more mis-direction...I mean, in all seriousness allowing his notebook to be viewed like that seems totally set up!

Maybe it's a cry for help. Next time it will have "Help me! I'm being held against my will" scrawled across it.
    Posted By: mensorI think its more mis-direction...I mean, in all seriousness allowing his notebook to be viewed like that seems totally set up!

I was suspicious about that too. But OK, I figured I'll bite.
    But it seems like a lot of trouble to go to, if the data is actually as useless as it seems, even for misdirection. And I can't figure out what the misdirection could be...I mean, we know it's going 4-500 rpm about, and we know it's slowing down, and we know they are replacing the units as they slow...
    ???
    Finally I figured that it made more sense to me that it was just a convenient place to rest his hand while he fiddled with the thing with the other hand.
    Maybe the numbers are ascii codes spelling out "I am being held hostage by some crazed Irish fraudsters. Please call the Garda!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorCitizen Wolf
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited

I say that it's the number of people logged on to the live-feed.
    Or maybe he's playing sudoka
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: Citizen WolfI say that it's the number of people logged on to the live-feed.

It's the number of pints Sean owes him as a function of device failure.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

This so right for some nifty video editing....

Capture Tacho-man with scribbling on notepad, insert your own video clip of closeup of said notepad with "Help!, get me out of Here!!" or "I`m so bored with this job, but the pay is good.." etc etc... :D
    • CommentAuthorbc

Since T-man does not appear to be recording the unit numbers, I guess he is just monitoring for slow downs of the display units, and the data has no other use. If that seems very Mickey Mouse, they are the "Steorn 'R' OU" of free energy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: alsetalokinMan.
    No offense, tachoman, but talk about monkeys with typewriters...

Wouldn't it be easier to set up some columns in an Excel spreadsheet, load it into your damn do-all blackberry braintumor generator, and have it enter the times for each observation as you type it directly into the spreadsheet?
    (We'll save the automated data logging for the next class.)

Jeez. The "go-to" company that has no idea how to use information technology to actually record and process information.

Some of my lab note were about the same quality (thankfully rarely that bad). But going onto electronic was at that time a no-no, as the book could be checked and had to stay at the labor.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Watching Kinetica unravel and then the exchanges between Sean and everybody in the forum, I was unable to arrive at a good complete description of the guy. But the overwhelming impression was that he was at least three things: tangential, uninformed, and not terribly bright overall.

Someone in the organization has a bit of design ability -- the color choices, logos and poster designs. But even Tilley's gizmos were classier looking for the most part than Sean's stuff. There isn't even a pretense of precision, measurement, high technology or anything scientific to Orbo. It's just a blunt, ineffective, silly looking kludge with a humongeous storage battery right in front. Even the exploded view looks like it was done as an undergraduate CAD project, and I'd give it a C- score.

Considering everything Sean and Steorn have said done before, it's not surprising that this "demo" is such a blatant fiasco. It's a bit disappointing. I was hoping for more entertainment and less tedium than this has so far provided.

That nobody has yet taken really good closeup photos themselves and/or done some sort of analysis with a portable tach and magnetometer tells me that everyone competent to take a good prelim look at this thing just doesn't give enough of a "tinker's damn" (heh) to bother trucking down there. All in all it's extremely underwhelming and yawn inducing.

One more thing: over at the Steorn forum, Mrsean2k is tediously defending the displayed Orbo's asking how people could possibly know that they are not overunity. He is again displaying his dreadful lack of understanding of anything science or engineering. I suppose the investors may have originally made the same mistakes. I doubt that they will now but of course one can't be absolutely sure.
    Posted By: Quanten
    Posted By: alsetalokinMan.
    No offense, tachoman, but talk about monkeys with typewriters...

Wouldn't it be easier to set up some columns in an Excel spreadsheet, load it into your damn do-all blackberry braintumor generator, and have it enter the times for each observation as you type it directly into the spreadsheet?
    (We'll save the automated data logging for the next class.)

Jeez. The "go-to" company that has no idea how to use information technology to actually record and process information.

Some of my lab note were about the same quality (thankfully rarely that bad). But going onto electronic was at that time a no-no, as the book could be checked and had to stay at the labor.

I actually agree here. Lab notebooks with sewn-in pages are the way to go, certainly.
    And this is exactly why I kept asking PLOL to show his Original Data -- because it does look like this, if it's real. And he never could, just lists copied from lists, no original sloppy data.

But this notebook page is way below even that standard.
    Posted By: BigOilRep

Maybe it's a cry for help. Next time it will have "Help me! I'm being held against my will" scrawled across it.

That made me howl!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHedyL

The number of shopping days until next Christmas?