Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2015

I make that about 1.1 M litres of milk in a tank. In my experience milk goes bad in about a week. So even if you have some sort of continuous flow going you have to be pumping milk through at a minimum of 2 litres/sec. The cows in Ireland must be very busy.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2015 edited

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but check out this web site:

http://www.banggood.com/

Don't you love the name? Actually, it's pretty well known and relatively reliable. I bought a few things in the past and they got here and were more or less as advertised. Search for "helicopter" not drone. Delivery, IIRC was less than 2 weeks, direct from China, of course.

Of course for cameras, there is nothing like the Go-Pro Hero series. Made a young man into a billionaire at 40, many times over and, IIRC, the highest paid CEO in the world. Several hundred million dollars a year. And it is still the standard others try to match, mostly without success.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Overall the Rolling Spider is beginning to sound like a good bet to me, or perhabs a somewhat bigger drone with the same kind of wheels. Ypu don't have to worry about lateral control, but you can fly it to the height you want before engaging the wall, so it'll be fast. You can inspect the wall you're on from a couple of cm distance, or the opposite wall from six metres. You can even run it upside down on the ceoling to inspect that. You can drop it back into the air and fly around any obstacles.

Seems silly, since it was conceive as a kid's toy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2015 edited

Posted By: AngusI make that about 1.1 M litres of milk in a tank. In my experience milk goes bad in about a week. So even if you have some sort of continuous flow going you have to be pumping milk through at a minimum of 2 litres/sec. The cows in Ireland must be very busy.
    Indeed they are ...

(Overall demand for processed output should not be conflated with individual cow supply capacity ...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

After the fact detection of contamination is too late. Catching the faulty sprayball before the milk has had a chance to sour is the key ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

If the device at the top that sprays in the milk is the main issue, that makes tink's balloon something of a problem. How much room do you have to move off to the side to get a look, and how much clearance from the top?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015

Posted By: AngusIf the device at the top that sprays in the milk is the main issue, that makes tink's balloon something of a problem. How much room do you have to move off to the side to get a look, and how much clearance from the top?
    it doesn't spray in the milk. It cleans the tank.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Does that mean you have to inspect it while it is spraying? That would put quite a different complexion on the problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

No. Only the aftermath of an empty tank post cleaning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015 edited

Yuneec Q500 will probably do it out of the box. $1095 at Amazon includes 1080p camera on stabilizing gimbal.. DJI Phantom Vision is an alternative. Without GPS you will need a good pilot. Try first with toy. That's my summary.

Is it allowed to touch the walls? It might be easier if you install extended propellor protectors ti hold it a known distance off to ait the photography.

I'd love to hear more if you do attempt it.
    Put a cage on it to protect the props, and then it won't matter if your station-keeping isn't perfect. You can bump into the wall and it won't hurt anything. Gently.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Foam cages are pretty standard on toys, so, again that's a way to get started.
    Waiter, there's a propeller in my milk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Thanks again to everyone for all the suggestions. I have ordered the toy that Angus suggested, so I will see how I get on with that as a kind of proof of concept. I really like the idea of the foam cage.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015 edited

Posted By: alsetalokinPut a cage on it to protect the props, and then it won't matter if your station-keeping isn't perfect. You can bump into the wall and it won't hurt anything. Gently.
    Something like this?

I like the idea of a float drone, fill the tank with water instead of milk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2015

What happened about the milk tank inspection?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2015 edited

Posted By: AngusWhat happened about the milk tank inspection?
    He decided to inspect his neighbor sunbathing topless instead and got arrested?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2015

Still no Duracell. I hope we didn't get him fired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2015

Still no report from Duracell. Damn! Maybe he's just having too much fun.
    Milking it for all it's worth