Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Some smart fellah (or who knows, shock horror, a lady) might get the owl model working. That's a wonderful adaptation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2015

Turbines can be made quieter.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2015

Weed Blimp - less noise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2015

Better designed aerofoils could help a bit, possibly the electric motors can be sealed in an acoustic vacuum chamber with some inductor device to spin the blades.

It might make it quieter but at a cost.
    Posted By: LakesWeed Blimp - less noise.
    It's true that stoners tend to be quiet people
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2015

DM

Fish supper anyone.

Boeing patents 'transformer' drone that can fly in the air and turn into a submarine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3202914/Boeing-patents-transformer-drone-fly-air-turn-submarine.html
    I don't believe an underwater craft has yet been invented that can successfully chase and capture a fish. No reason why not though - mini harpoon and a camera/sonar tracking system might work, for example, although it's cheating.

Speaking of fishing, we are at a point where "looting the seas" is a real possibility.

In 2014, the IUCN moved the Pacific bluefin tuna from "least concerned" to "vulnerable" on a scale that represents level of extinction risk. The Pacific bluefin tuna is targeted by the fishing industry mainly for its use in sushi.[30] A stock assessment released in 2013 by the International Scientific Committee for Tuna and Tuna-Like Species in the North Pacific Ocean (ISC) shows that the Pacific bluefin tuna population dropped by 96 percent in the Pacific Ocean. According to the ISC assessment, 90 percent of the Pacific bluefin tuna caught are juveniles that have not reproduced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2015 edited

Dynamite or bleach works a treat.

The advantage as I see it, is that submersible stealth is much better than aviation stealth.

In other words modern coatings on submarines, make them invisible to ASDIC the same with mines and slow torpedo's.

And without noisy humans aboard only in the clearest water can they be spotted, even their heat signature can be disguised.

If I was in charge of the navy, I would have decoy submersible that would confuse the enemy, like what the Russians are doing to the Swedes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2015

• CommentAuthorLakes

“Cruise ships and certain other ships are not really ideal for being unmanned"

Welcome to Android Cruises, this a self catering Liner, so please bring plenty of food, drink and toilet paper to last the duration of your stay aboard. :D.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Don't tell anyone but they are really emergency aircraft carriers.

The front part can loop up into a 'ski lift' take off ramp.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Lakes“Cruise ships and certain other ships are not really ideal for being unmanned"

Can be

unman, verb
    -mans, -manning, -manned (transitive)

-to cause to lose courage or nerve
    -to make effeminate
    Posted By: Angus

-to make effeminate

As in Hard Candy.
    •  
      CommentAuthormagic moment
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2015 edited

Posted By: LakesWelcome to Android Cruises, this a self catering Liner, so please bring plenty of food, drink and toilet paper to last the duration of your stay aboard. :D.

Don't forget your towel and your copy of HHGttG.
    I am sitting on a HHGG towel right now, signed by Douglas Adams himself
    It contains the text explaining that every hitchhiker should know where his towel is
    A real person signature or a print? U/L a piccy!
    Unfortunately it came out in the wash. But I know it's there. I was in Berkeley visiting a galpal and attended one of his book signing events
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

You wash towels, how do you dry them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Ewwww...what do you do with your towels, Trimmie?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

You dry with them, when you bother to wash.

Oh I see in Canada you just have a wrestle with a female polar bear to get dry.