Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Not a bad idea ... maybe
    I almost bought a drone today, at the sporting goods store called Academy. For 30 dollars, you get a "nanodrone" with 4 tiny motorvators and propellerators, the battery pack good for 5 minutes flight time, the transmitter thing, and even a few spare parts (props I assume, couldn't see in the box to tell what the spares were.) Has full flight stabilization electronics and etc.
    They also had several larger models, one with a camera even, for about 80 dollars.
    Considering that one can spend eleven dollars for a little breakfast and coffee at IHOP, the nanodrone seemed like a real bargain. But no, I didn't get it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015

NBF

DARPA to Start Testing an Robot Submarine-Hunting Drone that will be 50 times cheaper than a Destroyer.

http://nextbigfuture.com/2015/11/darpa-to-start-testing-robot-submarine.html
    Almost everything is cheaper than a destroyer
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2015

Xcept an aircraft carrier.
    The least expensive FPV Quadcopter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2015

Not at all

These things are insanely cheap.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2015

Eh? You can get the same thing on ebay here for 25 bucks.
    Including the transmitter?
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2015 edited

Whoops!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The thing was FPV. Can you get that under $100 yet. (I wouldn't be surprised.)
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2015 edited

Posted By: AngusThe thing was FPV. Can you get that under $100 yet. (I wouldn't be surprised.)

here you go
    FPV over WiFi doesn't compare. The ones Angus and I are comparing utilize a separate 5.8 GHz band and have a display in the transmitter (remote, it's actually a transceiver). WiFi over a cell phone for video has an extremely limited range and lots of interference potential.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

I just bought my grandson one of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010SZ80U8?ref_=gb1h_tit_m-2_6502_4c75079a&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    Three hours left on the black Friday price. No, I don't know if it's a good deal. I'm just disinclined to say "no" to the wife.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Parrot introduced those a year or so ago. I imagine that your wife may arrive at "No" fairly quickly when she sees it making little dirty tracks up the wall and along the ceiling.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

Grandson has the walls pretty much covered [with goo]. I'm sure we'll hardly notice the goo on the ceiling.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2015

You may notice it when it falls from the ceiling onto your head.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2016

Ahh, you scooped me by seconds. Here's more on that; this time an independent review
    http://www.technologyreview.com/news/545111/will-anybody-buy-a-drone-large-enough-to-carry-a-person/
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2016

Looks cool, but totally impractical with only a 10 mile range and no safer than a helicopter.

Rich man's toy for flying over his estate.