Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2018

...whilst turned off
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2018

Well it all begun with a battery problem. I went to an Apple Store and they refused to replace it. They suggested I should reset the phone settings, because the problems had to be related to an app using it wrong.

I decided to reset the settings (not the data) and it actually looked like it was doing a little bit better. Or maybe it was the weather getting colder, who knows.

But now I am paying the price: apps I've kept forever that had later updates full of spam are gone. God I hate this.
    That's what happens when tech geeks are in charge of a retail business. "The customer is always wrong."

The problem is that they are usually right about that. But do they have to be so arrogant?
    i have no smartPr0n. i feel blessed.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2018

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2018

Brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2019

I waited for a nice and reasonably priced mac long enough. Now it's
    1. hackintosh and
    2. migration to a yet undetermined linux distro...
    :(
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2019 edited

I left Windows for everyday work quite some time ago (in the XP era). I used Unix before MS-DOS, so going to Linux was like coming home again. I've been pleasantly surprised generally how trouble-free Linux has turned out to be. And, if you want to do something, there are probably a dozen different ways to do it.
    My favorite command is
    man man
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2019

my fav command is:

man say
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2019 edited

BTW if you have trouble getting share links when using imgur with safari. Resizing the browser's widow will make them appear.

(But since I've never heard anyone complaining about that particular annoyance i'm almost certain that this is a problem with my personal and unique ad-blocking setup.)
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2019

A couple of years ago Apple promised a wireless charger that could charge a phone, a watch and earpods at the same time.

Turns out they coudn't make it. Prototypes overheat and make it impossible to function properly and safely.

news item

I find this quite interesting. Jobs used to promise impossible things before the engineers knew they were possible at all. This time Tim Cook did the same and failed.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2019

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Is Ford getting into high-fashion electronics next?
    With $280 Billion in cash, Apple can choose to get into anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Say, "trouble", for an easy one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2019 edited

Apple's next major business plan is streaming service. They will compete with Netflix and Amazon for a service which will put cable companies out of business. Apple plans to dominate the stream.

Special services will be free to the 1.6 B owners of their phones, tabs, computers... and available to others by subscription. That's already bigger than Netflix.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

...put cable companies out of business.

But cable companies are also ISPs. So how are you going to stream without an internet connection?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2019 edited

Don't compete with Elon, partner with him:

https://www.pcmag.com/article/362695/why-satellite-internet-is-the-new-space-race

He did this in 8 launches of Falcon 9s.

How many Heavys will it take for his approved system?