Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Damnfino. Last thing that looked like that I saw was wire-wrapped, though.
    A friend of mine (who runs a one man consulting business) was telling me that it takes his 3.5 GHz i7 quadcore w/8 GB RAM almost a whole week to optimise a board layout of about 50 components. That the code uses only one of the 8 available threads is the chief problem.
    I can't possibly tell you how very sad that makes me feel.
    I assume that's your way of saying that it means nothing to you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2015 edited

The ancients had so much more patience. Illuminated manuscripts, handmade lace , backplanes festooned with zero- port logic gates...It is humbling - but my OCTUPLE WIN cheers me up no end!
    I got bored with your wire. Sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2015

Never mind. People often get bored when they discover the error of their vehemently stated position.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanA friend of mine (who runs a one man consulting business) was telling me that it takes his 3.5 GHz i7 quadcore w/8 GB RAM almost a whole week to optimise a board layout of about 50 components. That the code uses only one of the 8 available threads is the chief problem.
    What PCB layout software does he use?
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI assume that's your way of saying that it means nothing to you.

Not at all. I know that auto-routers are notorious for being inefficient, inelegant, and nonoptimally optimizing. Maybe it's time for Deep Learning algorithms to invade the PCB design field.

Now I'm going to go have a good cry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2015

Travelling salesmen generally don't use them or they'd never finish their routes.
    Dunno which one. I know he has the source from GitHub and that it's written in Java is all. I suggested a GPU port might improve matters.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22866901/using-java-with-nvidia-gpus-cuda
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2015

The only free one I know of is Ki-Cad
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2015 edited

There are actually several--and there are web-based autorouters (used to be--now you have to run the Java locally)--FreeRouting. KiCAD is more of a complete schematic-capture-with-rule-checking-and-PCB-layout system. It's not bad, but there are better ones ($ involved).

Here's another open-source PCB layout tool

Many PCB houses offer free tools as well.

Your quality may (and almost certainly will) vary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2017

Dunno. Technology IS a bit rubbish - which is why I tend to be a bit forgiving of it and put up with the quirks. Firefox is starting to piss me off, maybe a little bit. Dunno.
    Firefox got a kick in the pants this week with the Quantum release. Seems much zippier.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2019 edited

Firefox just broke itself! Due to a time rollover glitch, FF has disabled everybody's add-ons! Like ad blockers, script engines, etc. they are ALL broken and the internet is in an uproar. FF's user base just dropped by at least 50 percent. This will continue until FF establishes new signing certs or some shit like that.

There is a workaround for some FF users of the Nightly release: navigate to about:config and toggle xpinstall.signatures.required to False. This may reenable addons immediately if you are using Nightly or Dev versions of FF (it worked for me) but when you close FF you will have to do this again when you restart it.

Don't try to remove/reinstall your addons/extensions. Hopefully this will be fixed at Mozilla in a few hours. Otherwise FF is dead as people flee to browsers that don't suddenly break everything secure and let the spooks in.
    Thanks. I was wondering what had happened.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2019 edited

Password managers! Antivirus addons! Adblockers! Child restrictions! News aggregators! 99.9 percent of FireFox addons world wide are disabled! And reinstalling them is the wrong thing to do and won't work anyway!

This must really be causing problems for people whose passwords are all stored in some FF addon.

For me it is just UBlock Origin and Tampermonkey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2019

Posted By: alsetalokinThis must really be causing problems for people whose passwords are all stored in some FF addon.

It is an irritation for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2019

Seems to have been sorted quite quickly.