Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

And what happens when two stretched sheets are inclined at a magic angle to one another?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2019

They turn into Tupperware.
    So you've been to those dirty parties too?

Or was it Mazola?.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2019

Mrs. Maisel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2019

Physicists take a step closer to building a graphene-based topological insulator.

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-physicists-closer-graphene-based-topological-insulator.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2019

Graphene-based ink may lead to printable energy storage devices.

https://revolution-green.com/graphene-based-ink-may-lead-printable-energy-storage-devices/
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

If they can just develop the graphene-based pencil the whole thing will have come full circle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

That's a bit old fashioned, a graphene Biro that's another book.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I once owned the graphite equivalent of exactly that: a ball point pencil. I haven't seen one in years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

The ink could last a long time as a thin layer should be sufficient to read.
    This started a whole chain of memories for me. The Catholic school I attended in the ninth grade had a bizarre rule that homework had to be done in pen and classwork done in pencil, with pens not allowed on the schoolgrounds. Or maybe the other way round. So there developed a black market in fakes: Ballpoint pens that looked like yellow #2 pencils, pencils that looked like Biros, and concealment systems, so the contraband utensil could be hidden away yet handy for use.
    Then I remembered even further back, to fountain pens! Genuine ones that had the little lever on the side, and more modern ones that took little cylindrical cartridges of ink. They would always leak and all my khaki uniform shirts would get little inkstains at the pockets.

A Crow's Quill nib and a bottle of India ink should be good enough for anyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

I bet you took that little blonde girl's pigtails and dipped them in your India ink.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

But then the pupils will have to carry little pen-knives to school. Not safe because they might use them to threaten the crossing guard or the policeman posted in the playground to report mass shootings.
    I carried a Parker fountain pen and a bottle of Royal Blue Quink at all times. I used it through college too.
    I laughed at the little pen-knives with fancy antler handles and multiple short little blades. I carried a genuine Case Barlow. Later on at the public high school the switchblade ruined things for everyone. No more knives allowed. So the only people who carried them were the pachucos and the cowboys, and of course their girlfriends, who hid them in their purses and bras.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2019 edited

Posted By: alsetalokinA Crow's Quill nib and a bottle of India ink should be good enough for anyone

Another who sacrificed his white shirts to the god of leaky fountain pens here. I used a lovely Barquet, which could produce wonderful smudges. Remember when pen tips were rhodium or platinum-plated for better wear?

After observing some turkey vultures feasting on a deer carcass (they're remarkably efficient at this), I picked up a couple of feathers that they'd left behind. Compared to turkey plumage, these were monsters. Very thick and tough shaft. I idly wondered if early scriveners had ever used buzzard plumes for their quills.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Goose was traditional, I believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Can't you remember?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

•