Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I don't like the direction this is taking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2019

I'd rather not.
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI don't like the direction this is tacking.

ftfy
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2019

Nasty jibe!
    A fleet of hydrofoiling poisonous jellyfish is nasty enough for me.
    • CommentAuthorjiansong
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2019 edited

[Spam removed - user banned]
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2019

Palfreyman! Look what you've attracted.
    My goodness. Picking one at random:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADB-FUBINACA

Momma don't 'low no Fubinaca traipsin' 'round here.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2019

Oh, goody--mail-order fentanyl cooked up in someone's bathtub.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2019 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2019

Lunacy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2020 edited

Who let that in here? Kill it before it reproduces!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2020

Posted By: AngusMmmmm...yeah.

https://youtu.be/VxthF9o9k0Y?t=3

"I know my life insurance policy is paid."
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: goatcheezWho let that in here? Kill it before it reproduces!

I did but happy to oblige.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Bless you sir.

Now back to the storm. If you don't survive, you get to see:

https://neal.fun/deep-sea/
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

The Gerridae, come close but they walk on water.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorwbeaty
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2020

Hi all.

"Some users simply need temp removin' from vortex-L. Others I takes out back and kills with a shovel. Mr. nnnnnn falls in the latter category."

Hey, did you ever wonder if it's possible to build a working "magnetic motor?" I mean, one where the spinner rotates against friction, causing the PM field-magnets to weaken. If it's possible, what a great toy!!! Use ceramic PM magnets as "fuel," then eventually "re-charge" them as needed, using a hunk of neo supermagnet. Use bearings like a Crookes Radiometer, and it might spin for days. (If it's not forbidden ...it must be compulsory?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2020

Hard magnets really don't want to demagnetise. That's why they're hard. So forget them as a fuel. Soft runny magnets would not have a lot of stored energy, even by the minuscule standard of B x H/2. Assuming you could figure out a way to make it go, which I think is probably not possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwbeaty
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2020 edited

I re-started this over on WOO: https://www.moletrap.co.uk/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=3601

Rare-earth neos actually are magnetically "fragile," and prone to surface demag when jammed together in repelling positions.

Yeah, might be impossible. The deposited energy required for demag would have to be significantly lower than the net energy harvested via the reduced field. But I'm thinkin', use extremely tiny, moving neo supermagnets to poke against (demagnetize) a tiny region of a large moving ceramic magnet. Then repeat. (Thought expt, haven't tried it yet.)

On the other hand, if it was achievable accidentally, one would predict that perhaps HUNDREDS of scammers would stumble across it. Rotors which actually self-spin. Then the key to the scam obviously becomes, big freakin enormous magnet-mass, storing kilojoules, plus very good bearings and no applied load (no friction, no DC generators charging a supercap, or heating a resistor bank or light bulb. Keep the victim from discovering that the rotor ever stops.)

PS
    For some fun, wind a coil around a single leg from transformer "E" layer, then listen to the coil output w/audio amp. Wave a magnet around it. The roaring noise (Barkhausen noise) is caused by individual domain-flips. Reverse your pm magnet, and significant hysterisis is easily detected. Silicon-iron laminations are far more pm-magnetizable and lossy than one might expect.