Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2019

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI'm annoyed that it's my tax dollars funding those despicable Yank grunts in the photos.

You are free to leave those "yanks" any time you like.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: alsetalokinIf you have to pay taxes you might as well do it to some government you respect, somebody who makes rational foreign policy decisions and who wants to be a contributing member of a greater world community. Like the UK.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Taxes or just a Fe?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2019

Posted By: alsetalokinCan't they just call them dogs? The "K-9" appellation has always struck me as being rather imbecilic. Canine, K-9... it's just silly. Where are all the K-8s and K-7s? Does a K-9 ever get promoted to K-10?

All U.S. MWDs are trained with the 341st Training Squadron at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. These animals are "used in patrol, drug and explosive detection, and specialized mission functions for the Department of Defense and other government agencies."
    ref.
    MWD = Military Working Dog

The name was changed from 'K9' when an irritated MWD ripped the throat from the last general to use the term. (humor)

San Antonio is the home of some great dogs.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2019 edited

It is indeed.
    LAFB is also where the USAF conducts basic training for its human recruits and is home to many tech schools. It is rather unique (but not totally so) in that it has no actual airport. But that's OK because Kelly still does and is right next door.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2019 edited

NOLS at Kelly--I remember that one. Home of the bombs.

I was on the vendor side of this massive boondoggle
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2019

Posted By: goatcheezMWD = Military Working Dog

It's a good name. It distinguishes them from the MLC = Military Lazy Cur that infests the forces.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2019 edited

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2019

Posted By: goatcheez

Gary Larson is also a photographer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2020

A British charity has teamed up with scientists to see whether dogs could help detect COVID-19 through their keen sense of smell, they said on Friday.

Medical Detection Dogs will work with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and Durham University in northeast England to determine whether canines could help diagnoses.

It follows previous research into dogs' ability to sniff out malaria and is based on a belief that each disease triggers a distinct odour.
    https://news.yahoo.com/dogs-being-trained-sniff-covid-19-charity-061318880.html