Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016

Hello nickthesafe. Real user or passing spam bot? Do tell.
    ..and open it later?
    • CommentAuthorloreman

How does he know he's safe?
    Real enough :-) not a spambot.
    I was a member many years ago and forgot my login. You might have seen a couple of posts on that there orbo facebook page - a little digging here and there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Welcome real person.
    We have to be careful you know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Welcome back then Nick the real enough safe!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016 edited

The GMTW strikes again! Post appeared twice.
    Thanks folks. I've been looking in now and then, but figured it was time to join in once more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Blimey, a real person. Welcome.
    Posted By: nickthesafeI've been looking in now and then, but figured it was time to join in once more.

Abandon all hope.
    Picture the scene... A lonely croft on a desolate wind swept moor, the rain and wind hammering the door and shutters - huddled inside, a group of shivering and yet hardened skeptics desperate for intellectual nourishment. Every now and then one of them looks up. 'is it a real person?' pcstru takes a look while Angus throws another Ocube on the fire, 'no, it's just a bot' he notes, while turning to look at the tatty, fading image of ogirl which has been pinned to the damp wall seemingly forever. He can just make out her long blonde hair in the flickering light of the smouldering remains of various thrown together electrical components as the howling gale outside seems to echo the words..'SooN'

hehe; couldn't resist. :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Why do I have to bear the Brontë of this derision?
    • CommentAuthortinker

Because you bear it so bram well.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Sometimes, though, it's not a bot, nor a real person, but that ancient and fearsome ghost who roams the windswept moor, Newsy, dragging his chains . . .
    ..Later that evening, knuckles and Loony return empty handed after a fruitless expedition to collect ocubes for the fire. They were promised a limitless supply, they were told when to meet the 'deliverer'. He was there, just as he said he would be, but he had nothing for them. How much longer could they survive without heat? Suddenly Loreman leans forward and exclaims "cows - I've heard we can get heat from them heifers"
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Excellent.
    Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of.... The Orbo Zone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Brilliant!!!! Good work sir!!!
    • CommentAuthorbr

Heifer heat: burning cow dung - or bovine flatulence.
    Throw another Ocube on the barbie mate and Bob's your uncle.
    Loreman needed to get warm and clean, cattle did indeed roam the moor. The others couldn't bring themselves to do it, and so he reluctantly headed out. Once he had one of the defenseless cows cornered against a decaying dry stone wall and using the sharpest wit he could muster, the beast was felled. The shear boredom forced the poor creature to roll its eyes back and collapse to the ground. Using only his teeth, he then dissected the still warm creature into manageable pieces bringing them one by one back to the door of the cabin. Not only was he covered in the blood of the animal who's sacrifice might ultimately save the now freezing band of skeptics, he was also petrified. He had seen a shadowy figure, heard the rattling chains in the wind. Newsy, as Oak had foretold, was indeed real. Pcstru picked up a sizable portion of cow and led Loreman to the fireside while comforting him. BR had been asleep, it didn't take him long to realise what had happened. "why kill the poor thing, we only needed it's poop". They thought perhaps no-one need know - but through a gap in one of the shutters Lakes noticed an eye peering through at them.......

I don't think I can keep this up much more ;-)