Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorQuanten
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016 edited

Posted By: nickthesafe
    I don't think I can keep this up much more ;-)

That's OK we can't keep it up for much longer either in that windswept desolated moor.

And welcome back ;)
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016

Posted By: nickthesafeReal enough :-) not a spambot.

Yeah, well that's exactly what a spambot would say...let's try and dig deeper:

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on it's back. The tortoise lays on it's back, it's belly baking in the hot sun, beating it's legs trying to turn it'self over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?
    Maybe the tortoise isn't real? Desert, baking sun - not exactly somewhere you're gonna meet a tortoise?
    Pass.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Because you have got totally tangled up in your apostrophe's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: nickthesafeMaybe the tortoise isn't real? Desert, baking sun - not exactly somewhere you're gonna meet a tortoise?
    Pass.

Fuck. Going to have to ban you now, bot.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Goddamn replicants bots.
    meh. I can't quite figure if you folks are being incredibly paranoid or just plain awkward ;-)
    Oh and the handle comes from my profession...safe cracker, hence; nickthesafe. And before any wise arse remarks, I've heard them all before. And no I don't 'work nights'.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016 edited

Posted By: nickthesafemeh. I can't quite figure if you folks are being incredibly paranoid or just plain awkward ;-)

Ah, we weren't really testing if you were a replicant/bot. We were actually testing your level of geekyness*, and you failed.

However, your answer is genuinely worrying. And you do get tortoises in the desert.

*It's from Bladerunner.
    I'm pleased to say I used to be a terrible geek - but i am much better now, if a little obsessive compulsive as a residual side effect ;-)
    • CommentAuthorCrastney

I thought it was Pratchett...
    Posted By: nickthesafemeh. I can't quite figure if you folks are being incredibly paranoid or just plain awkward ;-)
    Oh and the handle comes from my profession...safe cracker, hence; nickthesafe. And before any wise arse remarks, I've heard them all before. And no I don't 'work nights'.
    Care to try to get my combination, big boy?
    Posted By: BigOilRep*It's from Bladerunner.

Ask him about his mother.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Posted By: nickthesafeOh and the handle comes from my profession...safe cracker, hence; nickthesafe.

Why not 'Peterman'?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2016

That's really good tink. It dates us back a couple of centuries but it's good.
    Posted By: tinkerWhy not 'Peterman'?

Or, Nick the Yegg.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Posted By: magic moment
    Care to try to get my combination, big boy?
    You see what happens when trim is away too long? :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I'm trying not to see it, for it can't be unseen, whatever it is.