Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Let's play a game.

Should Steorn be vindicated over the coming weeks as the products get delivered, how will you lot apologise?

In my view, nothing less than the likes of Mary George posting a video on YouTube whilst on his knees begging for forgiveness would suffice.

Open to the floor, how are you going to apologise for all the disgusting vitriol you spat out about Steorn and co?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2016

First of all, we would need to agree on what would constitute 'vindication'. For me it has to be proof of the creation of energy from nothing, which is what Steorn have claimed. Furthermore that proof has to be independent and reliable, not tweets from someone hired to do marketing.

A reverse part of the game should be what will you do if Steorn don't deliver by an agreed 'soon'. They have already failed to make deliveries before Christmas and the only report we have of a delivery now seems to be a confused cock-up on Steorns part. So are you willing to bet on Steorn actually delivering? If so what and when?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

This sounds a little familiar. But to take you seriously - there is no logical connection between the ad hominem vitriol that has been poured out, and the issue of whether the Orbo works. If this universe should suddenly morph into one where it actually could work, then the morphed version of me would not find much difficulty in saying "Oh - I guess I was wrong to think it couldn't work."

Issues about whether any particular person is a "slime sucking piece of offal" or some such are completely separate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThicket

Ah yes. The fantasy make-believe of prancing, cloud-skimming mugwumps flitting capriciously from scheme to scam in the vain hope that 'this time' things will be different. The familiar dream of the woo-woo believer. Vindication. Put all those nasty skeptics in their place when Fire 2.0 proves them close-minded, feeble and worthy of derision.

It won't happen Barking Mad. Nurture your MY obsession. Feel free to entertain us again as we poke at your delusions just for the fun of it.
    Awooga! Awooga! A live one.
    • CommentAuthorthehard

"Hi Shaun, I'm happy it works. Of course you understand why you looked delusional and a conman to us all this time. You would have done the same in our position. Thanks for changing Physics forever. Now go save the world and don't be too greedy."
    •  
      CommentAuthorS_o_E

Breaking News!

'Wasps' snigger as shit-hand Shaun pokes ethereal nest..
    Moles do not climb trees, you know. Jus' sayin'
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Posted By: NelsonMunchLet's play a game.

Should Steorn be vindicated over the coming weeks as the products get delivered, how will you lot apologise?

In my view, nothing less than the likes of Mary George posting a video on YouTube whilst on his knees begging for forgiveness would suffice.

Open to the floor, how are you going to apologise for all the disgusting vitriol you spat out about Steorn and co?

Hi NelsonMunch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

The difference between skeptics and true believers is that skeptics are ALWAYS willing to change their opinions and viewpoints when presented with hard evidence. Indeed I imagine that all the skeptics here would be overjoyed if the Orbo does what Steorn claims.... ( an almost infinitely small probability ) It would be very literally world changing. And new physics is always fun.
    The true believer however, will continue to believe, no matter how much evidence is presented to the contrary of their beliefs.
    Which is why I get annoyed when skeptics are called "closed minded" , when in actual fact the opposite is true.
    Posted By: pcstruFor me it has to be proof of the creation of energy from nothing, which is what Steorn have claimed

Well not recently, at least not in the Shaun-saids. My bar would be lower; independent confirmation of a previously unknown energy source. Lower yet; a somehow understandable mistake, although "understandable" is pretty subjective, and whether any sort of apology is due in those circumstances is doubtful. A this point I'd rate an honest mistake as less likely than an unknown energy source.

Posted By: AngusIssues about whether any particular person is a "slime sucking piece of offal" or some such are completely separate.

The message that sends to me is that you believe you can publicly call anyone anything you like for any reason and never feel like you need to apologise. Takes all sorts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2016 edited

Posted By: timetrumpet
    Posted By: pcstruFor me it has to be proof of the creation of energy from nothing, which is what Steorn have claimed

Well not recently, at least not in the Shaun-saids. My bar would be lower; independent confirmation of a previously unknown energy source. Lower yet; a somehow understandable mistake, although "understandable" is pretty subjective, and whether any sort of apology is due in those circumstances is doubtful. A this point I'd rate an honest mistake as less likely than an unknown energy source.

Posted By: AngusIssues about whether any particular person is a "slime sucking piece of offal" or some such are completely separate.

The message that sends to me is that you believe you can publicly call anyone anything you like for any reason and never feel like you need to apologise. Takes all sorts.

I'm presuming Angus is talking about NewsWanker, and as such I take his side.. Even if Newsie were to be proven correct, (which he won't ), it won't alter the fact he is a wanker of the highest order.

( edited to clarify I consider Craig a wanker and not Angus!!)
    Posted By: pcstruSo are you willing to bet on Steorn actually delivering? If so what and when?

I am. I bet a tenner to the charity of your choice that they've found a previously untapped energy source.

The person I propose to judge whether or not they've delivered within, say, 6 months, is you. No appeal is possible, but you are honour bound to post a paragraph on why you have won, upon which I'll pay, no quibbling.
    Posted By: LoonymanI'm presuming Angus is talking about NewsWanker, and as such I take his side.

Well now, see, I presumed it was Shaun. NewsEditor is a different case of live-by-the sword. I have no quibble with the style of discourse in that case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

I think the videos he is clear in the lineage. But maybe Sean is claiming a succession of unique miracle effects all under the Orbo brand. What a guy! What a company!
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: pcstruSo are you willing to bet on Steorn actually delivering? If so what and when?

I am. I bet a tenner to the charity of your choice that they've found a previously untapped energy source.

The person I propose to judge whether or not they've delivered within, say, 6 months, is you. No appeal is possible, but you are honour bound to post a paragraph on why you have won, upon which I'll pay, no quibbling.

If you want to give some money to charity, then just do it. You don't have to go through some elaborate dance each time.

Or is it some kind of fringe fetish, were you enjoy giving money to charity, but only as the result of making unwinnable bets?

A this point I'd rate an honest mistake as less likely than an unknown energy source.

No shit!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: timetrumpetThe message that sends to me is that you believe you can publicly call anyone anything you like for any reason and never feel like you need to apologise. Takes all sorts.

If that's what you got out of it then I wrote the post very badly. The point I was trying to make is that invective and name calling are irrelevant to the question of what the machine does. I am very strongly against invective and name calling on the moletrap (or anywhere). We had quite some discussion about it a while back, with reference to non-USan libel laws being the relevant ones here. I think it is a stupid practice and degrades the name - caller far more than the callee.

NewsEditor, MY and a few others take note.
    Posted By: BigOilRepIf you want to give some money to charity, then just do it. You don't have to go through some elaborate dance each time.

If you don't want to wager... don't wager!

Of course it's unwinnable, but for a tenner it's fun you miserable bastard.
    Posted By: AngusThe point I was trying to make is that invective and name calling are irrelevant to the question of what the machine does

Agreed, but whether Shaun deserves vitriol is largely dependent on how his claims pan out; whatever other accusation you could level at him, I haven't seen him act in a particularly insulting way conversationally. But when Someone Else has behaved that way I wouldn't blame anyone for responding in kind.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Agreed, but whether Shaun deserves vitriol is largely dependent on how his claims pan out;

Haven't they already panned out?