Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2019

Iran’s president, Hassan Rouhani, described the White House as “afflicted by mental retardation” and said the sanctions against Khamenei were “outrageous and idiotic”, especially as the 80-year-old cleric has no overseas assets and no plans to ever travel to the US.

Ref.
    There'll always be women's soccer
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2019 edited

Almost poetic:

In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief. The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown.

Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rocket’s red glare it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their star-spangled banner waved defiant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2019

Only if you aren't paying attention to what it says. Tone deafness will help as well.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

He said very clearly "Fort McHendry". Listen to the clip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: oakAlmost poetic:

In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief. The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown.

Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rocket’s red glare it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their star-spangled banner waved defiant.
    Vogon ...
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2019 edited

At the risk of off offending the MAGA-hats, the victory at Yorktown was largely due to the French (De Grasse by sea) and Rochambeau from the front and Lafayette blocking the rear. Washington was reportedly very petty-minded when it came to terms of surrender. In the grand scheme, the Colonial army under Washington played a rather small part.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2019

But you have to admit it was a good move for Washington to take over the airports in the War of 1812.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Planes were different then, due to lack of available materials. Mostly cast iron, wood and horsehide.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

They didn't fly worth a shit but I'm sure there were other military considerations that would make it necessary to take over the airports.
    What name is given to the psychological condition of reading a speech and not parsing the words, eeyore written or spoken? Or if parsing, being value neutral as to whether they are true or not?

Whatever it's called, it's bizarre. Turd reads out loud as if in some sort of hypnotic daze. He appears to have no internal censor.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Analpha-betism? Illiteralism?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Ivanka is even worse because she's more convincing (larger vocabulary, more flexible, trained in more recent cultural context) but just as vapid as her dad.
    But her skin, wow!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2019 edited

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanWhat name is given to the psychological condition of reading a speech and not parsing the words, eeyore written or spoken? Or if parsing, being value neutral as to whether they are true or not?

Whatever it's called, it's bizarre. Turd reads out loud as if in some sort of hypnotic daze. He appears to have no internal censor.

Sometimes, while I'm reading a book, my thoughts trail off and I think about something completely unrelated while reading on. Then I have to flip back a few pages. Very confusing, irritating.
    Yes I do that too, so I assume it's commonplace.

But not when reading aloud to millions in front of a National Monument at an occasion I myself called for.
    Trump can read, technically. But he has little practice at it, and obviously the idea of reading through and rehearsing a speech ahead of time is as foreign to him as mustard is to a donut.
    He said that he had the speech "practically memorised". Another worthless piece of verbal spewage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I'd love to see the teleprompter script.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2019 edited

"I knew the speech very well so I was able to do it without a teleprompter but the teleprompter did go out and it was actually hard to look at anyway because there was rain all over it but despite the rain it was just a fantastic evening."

I guess what this tells us is that when he makes things up ex-tempore they don't make any sense. Which fits the pattern, all right.
    His base seems not to care