Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

oggle boggle woggle. and oop.
    Space and time form a couple.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2016

Spacey wacey, wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2016

In future I will not freely inspect women, I want paying.
    That's right. Accept no substitutes.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2016 edited

Posted By: TrimIn future I will not freely inspect women, I want paying.
    M.O.T and Oil change, Madam?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2016 edited

You lot are showing the effect of Y-chromosome tribalism suppressing rational and independent thought. Tabatha Southey's column was:

a) very funny
    b) pointing out some obvious unfairness that XX chromosome types have to put up with.

Think outside the tribe!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2016

Naughty puddles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

No you don't, slippery Trimmie. I saw you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Peeping Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Posted By: AngusTabatha Southey's column was:
    a) very funny
    b) pointing out some obvious unfairness that XX chromosome types have to put up with.

Indeed. I sent it to my XX partner.
    "[In the case of the] British in India [: it ] was that they had no real motives for going there — no conscious objectives, that is, except such trivial and temporary ones as trade or hostility to other European powers. They found themselves possessors of an Empire before they knew what to do with it, and were never really happy until they had got rid of it again.”

- Childhood's End
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2016

Let me understand this sentiment:

"We are here in your country not because we are creating an empire but because we want to trade with you, whether you like it or not, and also because if we don't include you in this empire we don't intend to create, some other mean bugger will intentionally include you in his. And as you have seen we don't interfere with those members of our empire who legitimately want to declare independence. In fact sometimes we hire Hessian mercenaries to help them out."
    Did that help you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2016

Well, I might have been able to help Arthur out had I been there when he wrote that silly nonsense.

But the novel is a great book overall.
    I am rereading it, as may be deduced. I wanted to know how far that film had departed from the original, because it's many decades since I read it first. That Yank horror of excessive face-sucking schmalz and lack of subtlety was worse than I had imagined. Shudder.

I'm finding fault with the original, of course, but it remains nevertheless excellent. I don't like the idea that science had been abandoned, despite obvious creativity thriving in other areas. I also don't like the cursory style used for decades to try to evince the actual overall plan from the Overlords. Serious lacunae because people don't operate like that.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2016

"excessive face-sucking" lol
    "We're gonna build a space-wall, and Alpha Centauri is gonna pay for it"
    "Fits like a foot in a pile of shit"
    - Quote by an unknown thinker from eastern Finland, freely translated
    •  
      CommentAuthormagic moment
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2016 edited

One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full. And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?" So I drank the water. No more problem.

Alejandro Jodorowsky