Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Kushner's a pretty fart smeller... he surely recognizes how fupd uckly his daddy-in-law is unmanaging this crisis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2020

Mr. Johnson spoke of his handshaking policy during a March 3 press conference when he was asked about confusing advice about shaking hands. He laughed as he was asked by one journalist whether he had a personal policy himself, about shaking hands with visiting dignitaries, and if not how he would avert an "international incident".

He replied: "I can tell you, I am shaking hands contin... I was at a hospital the other night when I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you'll be pleased to know. And I continue to shake hands and, I think it is very important that we... people can make up their own minds, I think Matt has said that people must make up their own minds. I think the scientific evidence is...well I will hand over to the experts."

The government's chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance interjected saying, "wash your hands", before appearing to purse his lips and slightly shake his head.

Mr Johnson quickly added:"Our judgment is wash. Washing your hands is the crucial thing... BEFORE you shake hands, obviously."
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2020

"Once we OPEN UP OUR GREAT COUNTRY, and it will be sooner rather than later, the horror of the Invisible Enemy, except for those that sadly lost a family member or friend, must be quickly forgotten. Our Economy will BOOM, perhaps like never before!!!"

- DJT, via Twitter, 8 April 2020
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

I’ve read the plans to reopen the economy. They’re scary.

Over the past few days, I’ve been reading the major plans for what comes after social distancing. You can read them, too. There’s one from the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute, the left-leaning Center for American Progress, Harvard University’s Safra Center for Ethics, and Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Romer.

I thought, perhaps naively, that reading them would be a comfort — at least then I’d be able to imagine the path back to normal. But it wasn’t. In different ways, all these plans say the same thing: Even if you can imagine the herculean political, social, and economic changes necessary to manage our way through this crisis effectively, there is no normal for the foreseeable future. Until there’s a vaccine, the US either needs economically ruinous levels of social distancing, a digital surveillance state of shocking size and scope, or a mass testing apparatus of even more shocking size and intrusiveness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

...the horror of the Invisible Enemy, except for those that sadly lost a family member or friend, must be quickly forgotten.

SYNTAX EMERGENCY!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2020 edited

The testing apparatus is necessary no matter what else happens. You cannot, for example, roll out a vaccine unless it is preceded by widespread serological testing. You will not want to be giving a precious vaccine dose to someone who is already immune! And you will need to monitor people who have been vaccinated to make sure the vaccine took. This isn't some namby-pamby influenza that kills one in a thousand so it can be tolerated.
    Posted By: Angus
    ...the horror of the Invisible Enemy, except for those that sadly lost a family member or friend, must be quickly forgotten.

SYNTAX EMERGENCY!!!

Speaking of Tax Emergencies... does anybody really believe in these promised 1200 dollar checks? I remember how Trump promised a big middle class tax cut just before the 2018 election. Hot air is all that was, and we all even knew it at the time too.
    Posted By: Angus

SYNTAX EMERGENCY!!!
    There's a mother-in-law joke in there somewhere.
    The longer the mythical checks are delayed, the more people will die... and not need them! It's a money saving move.
    The price of narcissism
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: alsetalokinSpeaking of Tax Emergencies... does anybody really believe in these promised 1200 dollar checks?

He's waiting for hyperinflation. Promises kept.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: DuracellPriti Patel says ‘sorry if people feel there have been failings’ over PPEAngus? ...

I noticed that and gritted my teeth. Mainly because all I had to type on was the handy.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2020 edited

We have these huge electric signs over the freeways here. They are used for PSAs, Amber Alerts, traffic advisories, etc.

Today:

"No Close Encounters of Any Kind"
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2020 edited

•  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2020

'Tell the Democrat Governors that “Mutiny On The Bounty” was one of my all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!'

-DJT, 14 April 2020
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: oak.
    'Tell the Democrat Governors that “Mutiny On The Bounty” was one of my all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!'

-DJT, 14 April 2020

I wonder if he knows what happened to Capt. Bligh next. I doubt he would be up to it.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

If you asked him, I'm sure he'd say that he was a better navigator than Bligh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

A beautiful navigator. Navigation like nobody has ever seen before.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2020 edited

He has the Bounty and the Caine
    mixed up in his little brain

He thinks he's on the Bounty but
    everybody knows he's on the Caine