Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2020

Democracy isn’t the objective; liberty, peace, and prospefity are. We want the human condition to flourish. Rank democracy can thwart that.

Senator Mike Lee (R).
    From quarantine.

Send him to flourishing China.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

"I would've done it fine with no drugs. You don't need drugs."

DFT Himself
    Channelling Nancy Reagan
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I’m almost not taking anything.

DFT responding to DFT channelling Nancy Reagan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2020

Every philosophy is tinged with the coloring of some secret imaginative background, which never emerges explicitly into its chains of reasoning.

Alfred Whitehead
    Now that one I like very much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2020

Intolerance is evidence of impotence.

Aleister Crowley
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2020

I’ve come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:

Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.

Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.

Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

Douglas Adams
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2020 edited

“So you go into a hotel or you buy a house, and they have what’s called the restrictor. Right? Look at them. They’re all nodding. Same thing, by the way, same thing with your dishwasher. I freed that up too. The dishwashers, they had a little problem. They didn’t give enough water, like, so people would run them 10 times, so they end up using more water. And the thing’s no damn good. We freed it up. Now you can buy a dishwasher and comes out and beautiful. Go buy a dishwasher. Go buy it. Those companies. I said, ‘What’s wrong with this thing? It doesn’t clean the dishes.’ Right? The women come up to me, the women who they say don’t like me, they actually do like me a lot. Suburban women, please vote for me. I’m saving your house."

- DJT, October 18, 2020
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2020

WTF is he going on about? Pure made-up nonsense.

Next he's going to talk about the cancer cure he devised.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

When I heard that reported today, I thought it was an impersonator having a lend but no, it really was Trump claiming to have fixed the dishwashers of the US.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

I doubt that DJT knows how to load and run a dishwasher. He has people to do that for him.
    The president is insane but nobody seems to care.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

He's completely insane-several steaks short of the proverbial barbie. How the hell did he happen, and how the hell were the Simpsons writers able to predict it all those years ago?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

It had nothing to do with Trump as a person--only his image as a political outsider. In other words, a lot of votes were cast by the "not another insider democrat" crowd. Hillary was clearly a political insider. Of course, the toxic mess that Reagan started with the GOP didn't help either, so the amount of legislative action that's been the result of "working across the aisle" has dropped dramatically. Ryan and his Tea-party clique didn't help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanThe president is insane but nobody seems to care.

A reliable source, indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2020 edited

M'Naughten
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Palfreyman
    I do hope you don't delude yourself into thinking that my opinion on this matter is somehow singular. For your own sake.
    Posted By: alsetalokinM'Naughten
    M'Naghten rules
    Posted By: Andrew Palfreyman
    Posted By: alsetalokinM'Naughten
    M'Naghten rules

yeah, them

at least I remembered it wasn't McNaughton