Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Not your fault. The bugger couldn't spell his own name anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2020

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI do hope you don't delude yourself into thinking that my opinion on this matter is somehow singular. For your own sake.

No, simply stating that you are an expert on the subject. <evil grin>
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2020

“the former New York mayor and current personal attorney to Donald Trump is seen reaching into his trousers and apparently touching his genitals while reclining on a bed in the presence of the actor playing Borat’s daughter.”
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Just looking for his keys, I'm sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

There's even a picture in circulation that you do not want to see. Hence.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2020 edited

This one?
    (Asking for a friend.)

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2020

He says he's tucking in his....

shirt.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2020

Whatever he's tucking in, it's the fact that he got pranked by a really famous prankster that is the scandal here.

I can't imagine how easy it is for foreign intelligence operatives to manipulate him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2020

“We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. That’s a clear prescription for disaster.”

C. Sagan
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2020

But what consciousness is, we know not; and how it is that anything so remarkable as a state of consciousness comes about as the result of irritating nervous tissue, is just as unaccountable as the appearance of the Djin when Aladdin rubbed his lamp in the story, or as any other ultimate fact of nature.

— Thomas Henry Huxley (1896)
    There must be a ghost in the machine! Surely there must be. We can shy away from the frank homunculus sitting in a little chair at a big control panel inside the skull by calling it a "state of consciousness" instead, or pretend with Huxley, that the irritated nervous tissue has some other, less material system feeling the irritation and _that_ is consciousness -- when in reality it is just the homunculus in different skin.

There is no ghost, there is only the machine. Consciousness isn't a state which is the _result_ of irritated nervous tissue. Rather, it is the irritation itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2020

Remind yourself that all men assert that wisdom is the greatest good, but that there are few who strenuously seek out that greatest good.

Pythagoras
    One does not seek out that which one possesses
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2020 edited

Neither do those who imagine they possess wisdom.
    "... and the wisdom to know the difference..."
    +e
    "If these worked... you'd be wearing them."
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2020

Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.

-Thomas Paine
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2020

All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2020 edited

Despots prefer the friendship of the dog, who, unjustly mistreated and debased, still loves and serves the man who wronged him.

Charles Fourier