Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2020

Off with the Muggles, probably
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2020

You simply cannot invent any conspiracy theory so ridiculous and obviously satirical that some people somewhere don’t already believe it.

Robert Anton Wilson
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2020 edited

Strange as it may seem, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it.

Stephen Vizinczey
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2020

Shame is for little people

Marina Hyde
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2020

Should be the California motto.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2020 edited

”One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven’t and don’t.”

“My method is to take the utmost trouble to find the right thing to say, and then to say it with the utmost levity.”

-GB Shaw
    "Unless you choke your duck, pluck the down on its breast immediately afterward and cook it within 24 hours, you cannot lay claim to having produced a genuine Rouen duck. ... If as is likely, duck-strangling will bring you into local disrepute, you may waive the sturdy peasant preliminaries and serve a modified version, garnished with quotation marks."

-- Irma S. Rombauer

Her game bird recipes are brutal, not for the squeamish. The whole section reads like a medieval torture manual for birds, but the results... are to die for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2020

I'll bet her paté is the real thing.
    Posted By: AngusI'll bet her paté is the real thing.

Good grief. I think I've gained three pounds just reading her recipe for pâté en croûte.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

What, no duck press?
    That is some serious cookery there.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2020 edited

"The children usually clamored for the plump little quail, leaving the rare, well-hung ducks to their more sophisticated elders."

--IS Rombauer
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Posted By: AsterixWhat, noduck press?

Sounds like she would put them live in the press.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2020 edited

Well, pretty nearly so--the French like their ducks bloody-rare.

Of course, that's not unusual; cf. Czernina. Time was when you had to visit a farmer in the US to get the makins. Selling poultry blood was verboten by USDA regs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2020

So's selling non-pasteurized milk; but, have you ever had raw milk...it'll tickle your corn flakes!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2020

Sure have--spent my young summers on grandma's dairy farm. Raw milk is very different from the store-bought stuff.
    Me too. There is nothing quite like getting squirted in the face with a stream of hot milk by your cousin who is milking Old Bessie on a cold June morning.
    We have a president in possession of nuclear codes who is banned from Twitter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2021

You are implying his twitter access should be restored to ease the pressure?