Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2021 edited

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2021

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: goatcheezSpaceX is self-funded.

Really? All those satellite launches are pristine-pure of public money? I know the ISS launches aren't.

They are heavily subsidized. All those NASA contracts...
    That's OK. But the Musk-FanFic does not help.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

'k' omitted intentionally.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2021 edited

Poolitics and Pork-barreling made the space industry inefficient. (very efficient at distributing wealth, health and education)

So when a Amazon-ian health-wealth-union buster comes along. Of course all bids are off, then.
    Homegrown chinesium is as corrosive as the foreign specimen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2021 edited

I don't understand why they do not attach a bunch of cables and tugboats to the _stern_ of the thing and pull the stern around into the center of the canal. If they did that wouldn't the bow come loose automagically? Digging under the bow seems somehow futile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2021

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2021 edited

Also, as reported on the Beeb OS, there's a certain amount of consternation that might cause the ship to break apart. Evidently, when loaded with a couple hundred thousand tonnes of containers, it's important that the hull not be overly stressed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2021

Use the moletrap solution. Nuke it.
    What a mess. I wonder if they are already making plans for a bypass canal.
    Obviously there has been no regulation in place stipulating that boats cannot be longer than the canal width.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2021

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanObviously there has been no regulation in place stipulating that boats cannot be longer than the canal width.

Where in the world would you find such a regulation at the present moment?
    Not at Suez, clearly
    the wedged drawer problem

Isn't it in every calculus textbook?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2021

On 23 March 2020, 74 days after China declared coronavirus to the WHO, Britain went into lockdown. In the interim Boris “I Shook Hands With Everyone” Johnson had ignored emails about a Europe-wide PPE purchasing scheme; ignored experts’ recommendations to close pubs and restaurants; taken a holiday in Kent, back before it became clogged with lorry drivers’ faeces; got divorced from his second wife whom he had repeatedly cheated on, including, according to her testimony at least, with a handsomely publicly remunerated tech adviser; ignored further expert advice to close schools; endorsed the idea of herd immunity; announced his engagement to an environmentally concerned refurbishing enthusiast; skipped five successive Cobra meetings; shaken hands with everybody in a hospital; advised hand-washing; joined 82,000 rugby fans in Twickenham; ignored further lockdown calls in early March; made international sports fans mingle in Cheltenham and Liverpool; abandoned contact tracing; allowed people into the country unchecked from virus hotspots; told NHS staff to wear less of the PPE he declined to order earlier; hosted a shower for his latest baby two days before telling people to reduce social contact; herded 5,000 Stereophonics fans into the killing ground of Cardiff Arena; finally told people not to go to pubs and venues but didn’t say that pubs and venues should close, a period now known as Schrödinger’s British Hospitality Industry; and then sent coronavirus-ridden patients back to the petri dishes of their care homes.

But last Tuesday, when Dominic Yateswinelodge from the Metro asked Shake Hands live on TV: “When the time comes to describe this period to future generations, how will we explain how Britain suffered the highest death toll in Europe and the deepest recession?”, Boris Herd Immunity Johnson replied: “About aaah about aah you know your sort of league table question I I I you know I think I mean I er respectfully er go back to the answer you would have heard from the podium many times which is that the er the er the the pandemic is er alas tragically is not over yet er across the world and we will continue to er protect everyone is er to the to the er to the best of to the best of our abilities. This this this is not over and I think the international comparisons are are are premature at this stage.”
    Ref.
    Positively Churchillian... not.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2021

Long COVID, obviously
    You gets no bread with one meat ball