Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorgenesis
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009

Posted By: Grimer
    Posted By: genesisLOL...Frank..i've never heard you explaining - what is your gamma atmosphere...btw...
    The gamma-atmosphere is that atmosphere which holds nuclei together by the pressure differential between the outside of the nuclei and the inside.

The beta atmosphere is that atmosphere which holds atoms together by the differential pressure between the outside of a material and the inside.

The alpha-atmosphere (the air) is that atmosphere which hold things like sandcastles together by the differential pressure between the outside of the pore water and the inside.

Tensile forces are simply negations of external compressions. Things are held together from without, not from within - and it's turtles all the way down.

thank you.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: tinkerAnd, joshs, with almost total cancellation of CEMF. No matter which way the toroids are arranged. T.
    Care to try and form a sentence?
    Aw, c'mon.. I know I can be a stickler, but...
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

If you know what he's try to say with that mangled language, would you translate his mangled language into English?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: genesis
    Posted By: genesisLOL...Frank..i've never heard you explaining - what is your gamma atmosphere...btw...
    The gamma-atmosphere is that atmosphere which holds nuclei together by the pressure differential between the outside of the nuclei and the inside.

The beta atmosphere is that atmosphere which holds atoms together by the differential pressure between the outside of a material and the inside.

The alpha-atmosphere (the air) is that atmosphere which hold things like sandcastles together by the differential pressure between the outside of the pore water and the inside.

Tensile forces are simply negations of external compressions. Things are held together from without, not from within - and it's turtles all the way down.

thank you.

Thank you for your polite response. It certainly makes a welcome change.

Think of the pressures as a nested series. A good analogy is osmotic pressure. The air pressure of 14 psi is analogous to the osmotic pressure of a salt dissolved in water. That pressure is only a small fraction of the water pressure which may be many thousands of psi. Now think of a whole series of nested pressures one inside the other. That is what we are seeing in the different concentrations of matter as the scale of scrutiny increases.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Once again the liminality problem Frank. Why don't all the different areas of "pressure" equalize? And II assume that you postulate an infinite number of "atmospheres" and not just 24?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: loremanOnce again the liminality problem Frank. Why don't all the different areas of "pressure" equalize? And I assume that you postulate an infinite number of "atmospheres" and not just 24?
    Why doesn't the osmotic pressure of a salt dissolved in water at 1000 atmospheres say and the pressure of the water equalize? Why doesn't the pressure of pollen grains jiggling around in water and the pressure of the water molecules equalize?

As for the number of atmospheres I am only considering the first three at this stage. But since you raise the subject of turtles, yes, just like a fractal patten it will continue on indefinitely. (I don't know where you got the number 24 from. I generally only mention 3 although I have occasionally suggested that gravity was the delta-atmosphere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

The atmosphere can become very upleasant when it is being polluted by bullshit
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: loremanOnce again the liminality problem Frank. Why don't all the different areas of "pressure" equalize? And I assume that you postulate an infinite number of "atmospheres" and not just 24?
    Why doesn't the osmotic pressure of a salt dissolved in water at 1000 atmospheres say and the pressure of the water equalize? Why doesn't the pressure of pollen grains jiggling around in water and the pressure of the water molecules equalize?

Osmotic pressure doesn't exist until two solutions of differing concentration come together at opposite sides of a membrane. The solute does not have a different pressure from the solvent.
    • CommentAuthortinker

I dont know anything about the particular device demonstrated as I have only seen as much of it as you have. However (being in the cult) I have built a similar machine. I have no way of measuring torque - but it is modest.
    Try 125 mW @ 800+rpm for size. Though I am not sure it helps you since you don't have any windage/friction figures to give you. Tinker.
    • CommentAuthortinker

joshs - you are such a rude fecker that it no longer amuses me to answer your fuckwit abusive questions. Go boil your head. Tinker
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Life's a bitch when you believe in woo.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Eat shit and die. T.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Oh, you are so mean! Should I wish an orbo upon you?
    • CommentAuthortinker

I already have one.
    How did Mr. Grimer escape from Hogwarts?
    • CommentAuthorCrastney

tinker - you're right, and I've said it often before, joshs is a complete twat, a cunt by any other name, an arsehole, etc, etc. it's best to ignore his incessant whining.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: Crastneytinker - you're right, and I've said it often before, joshs is a complete twat, a cunt by any other name, an arsehole, etc, etc. it's best to ignore his incessant whining.

Or you could just fuck off.
    • CommentAuthorIceD'Bear

He may be an (quite funny) arsehole, but at least he's not delusional.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: tinkerI dont know anything about the particular device demonstrated as I have only seen as much of it as you have. However (being in the cult) I have built a similar machine. I have no way of measuring torque - but it is modest.
    Try 125 mW @ 800+rpm for size. Though I am not sure it helps you since you don't have any windage/friction figures to give you. Tinker.

So you keep telling us.

Well, I have dragons in my workshop, can't show you though - I'm under NDA with a wizard.