Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009

Posted By: overconfident
    Posted By: maryyugo
    But what is driving the motor?
    Magnetic "energy"!
    Just offhand, I'd say what drives the motor is an Ansmann 10 amp hour storage battery, regularly recharged when Orbo goes "off line". Or did you think that's done because of bearings overheating? As someone noted somehwere "Reed switches are the new bearings!"

And if what Sean is saying, and what is now beginning to look plausible, all the energy expended by the battery can be accounted for as joule heating. So the energy is taken from the battery, gets converted to heat, yet the motor still spins?

Where does the energy come from to spin the motor?
    Bad accounting from the "go to" shit heads in Docklands Park.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: hairykrishna
    And if what Sean is saying, and what is now beginning to look plausible, all the energy expended by the battery can be accounted for as joule heating. So the energy is taken from the battery, gets converted to heat, yet the motor still spins?

Where does the energy come from to spin the motor?

Woah there. The energy required to keep the rotor spinning is miniscule. Sean has not demonstrated that all of the energy from the battery is converted to heat. I would suggest that almost all of the energy is converted via heating in the electronics and some is dissipated (mainly as heat) due to friction.

Woah back at ya. I said "Sean said", not "Sean demonstrated".

The energized coil is NOT being used to drive the rotor. It is only being used to saturate the core.
    If you believe that you have gone down the garden path. If you would someday learn that physics you say you want to you would see why. Friction has nothing to do with how much energy is consumed by the coils, so is not a factor WRT external energy requirements.

So, if the coil doesn't drive the rotor, what does?The coil does. The method is just circuitous.
    To break it down, OC, the coil changes the conditions of the room periodically so that the wheel can spin.
    So I can see it now....next month, Sean will test the outgoing energy from the battery and the incoming. Sean will then test the heat from the coils and state that when you add all of it up (electricity from the battery and heat from the coils and the friction losses from the turning wheel) you have proof that extra energy is created, why? Since the amount of heat created in the coils is exactly proportional to the amount of energy used from the battery, and therefore the turning rotor (and attached recharging mechanism) is extra energy for “free”. Do I have that right? Is that what’s coming next month? And that the extra energy helps to recharge the battery little by little from the attached recharging mechanism.
    So, as long as Sean shows us a high enough temperature reading from some gadget that he is in control of we should accept that Orbo is an over unity machine? Do I have this right? (no third party testing?)

One more question.
    Um,…why the battery anyway, if you have an all magnet PMM, then just set that configuration up and use the “attached recharging mechanism” and show it charging up a dead battery. Or, even simpler, have the all magnet motor lift a weight up and down and keep a battery out of the picture entirely. And btw Sean, watching an Orbo powered by a battery lift a weight up and down won’t mean crap next month (try it w/o the battery).

I won’t be impressed until you place an ALL-MAGNET PERPETUAL MOTION MACHINE inside the center of that display case!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009 edited

Posted By: Scott-in-Chicago Do I have this right? (no third party testing)?

Nope.
    Posted By: legendre
    Posted By: maryyugoHey Al, I don't know snot about this stuff but couldn't you visualize the field with fine iron particles or some of those fancy photo methods people have developed for the porpoise?

You could download a free trial copy of Vizimag..

http://www.vizimag.com/

That's the best way, but of course it will only show you what is known, not what is not known about what is known. Or not even what is not known.

Anyway I don't believe in field lines, so that iron filing stuff never works for me.

Plus it's really gritty and gets in my underwear.

Seriously, the good model software is the way to go if you are into that sort of thing. I'm a hardware kind of guy, myself, even if I do tend to wear a tie on a first date. Cheap date? No. Easy, not cheap. There is a difference.
    Posted By: DirtfarmerMy POINT in the prior post was that , when all is said and done, regardless of cancellation of CEMF and "inductive losses" (I'm still trying to figure out the practical difference there..)
    One may NOT assume that any CALCULATION of the work done by the rotor is valid, if it is only shown as further entropy, one must REALIZE that work over and above input... now in a calorimetric system , we would see the total expected heat generated by all losses, inductive, resistive, and friction... and could easily say that it is producing "3x" more, but I would be careful with accepting calculations which back out CEMF and "inductive" losses, because, even if they SEEM accurate, by Great Minds... The great accountant usually (always?) has tricks to balance the equation,...
    (It may even have a "Schrodingers cat" aspect to it, that problem) ...as entropy, it is only that...
    And don't forget what Sv really is....
    Goodwill,
    -Dirtfarmer

EDIT: just to capitalize "realize" EDIT: Now heavy additions with the "now in a calorimetric..."

Now, you are sounding like someone who makes sense.
    Posted By: Scott-in-ChicagoDo I have this right? (no third party testing)?

Nope.

Hmm. I wonder what counts as a "third party" these days. If Fraudhalt does the testing and vetting...I'm outtahere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: alsetalokinHmm. I wonder what counts as a "third party" these days.

It's a sticky wicket, for sure. You might consider passing along your information to TK - next time you have his ear.

But, fuck all, then you'd have to kill him.
    Posted By: alsetalokinHmm. I wonder what counts as a "third party" these days.

It's a sticky wicket, for sure. You might consider passing along your information to TK - next time you have his ear.

But, fuck all, then you'd have to kill him.

The thought has entered my mind...

I have a lot of information. Which bit, exactly, do you think would interest TK most?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

Posted By: Scott-in-ChicagoSo I can see it now....next month, Sean will test the outgoing energy from the battery and the incoming. Sean will then test the heat from the coils and state that when you add all of it up (electricity from the battery and heat from the coils and the friction losses from the turning wheel) you have proof that extra energy is created, why? Since the amount of heat created in the coils is exactly proportional to the amount of energy used from the battery, and therefore the turning rotor (and attached recharging mechanism) is extra energy for “free”. Do I have that right? Is that what’s coming next month? And that the extra energy helps to recharge the battery little by little from the attached recharging mechanism.
    So, as long as Sean shows us a high enough temperature reading from some gadget that he is in control of we should accept that Orbo is an over unity machine? Do I have this right?

about that , i think.
    • CommentAuthorDirtfarmer

I'm afraid there won't be any "testing" for heat in this round..
    "...Wall, 'tere you go-o... 'da coonter electro MO-tive force is clar-ely canceled, ...da indooctive losses too...
    ...'end so, All enurgy inputted, is lost 'ta heat, ....Yet what do you see 'fore your eyes. lads and lasses... (ED: okay, cheap one there.. :) ) 'da rotor's still spinnin' is it not? --- 'terefore, mutatis mutandis, quid pro quo and all that , over 'eunity.... Time for 'te pub, 'tank You..."

Goodwill,
    -Dirtfarmer
    Is that supposed to be a Highland Scots accent or a Dublin accent?
    Or perhaps a Mexican accent?
    • CommentAuthorDirtfarmer

Al right that "coonter" and "indooctive" aren't right, but I don't know how to do umlaught "ou"'s ...
    :)
    Goodwill,
    -Dirtfarmer
    •  
      CommentAuthorCitizen Wolf

Der = There
    Dis = This
    Ye/ya = you
    Dat = That
    Tink = Think
    De (short e) = The
    Might be useful for your next transcription :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: Citizen WolfDer = There
    Dis = This
    Ye/ya = you
    Dat = That
    Tink = Think
    De (short e) = The
    Might be useful for your next transcription :)

Teaching Orbonics?
    Orbonics - lol, good one, I like it.

Orbonics - A dilalect of English used by people who try to confuse their audience with a sophistry having no basis in reality, ie bullshit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbloodymedia

Wouldn't that be Orbogus?
    • CommentAuthortigule

orbotronics