Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThicket
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010

The EEStor believers got another dose of reality as 2009 came to a close without the expected delivery of an EESU production unit to Zenn Motors. A few believers were rationalizing that the unit may have been delivered but was being tested by Zenn. That faint belief was dashed when LightEVS, another EEStor licensee announced this morning that the delivery of EESUs had been delayed.

We anticipate EEStor completing their first production prototype EESU (i.e., produced from their production line) in the first half of 2010. The ensuing refinement of the production line and testing of the EESUs may then take a few more months. Barring unforeseen problems (it would be surprising if none occurred), the first production EESUs ready for distribution in EVs should be available sometime in the last half of 2010. We intend to be ready to start introducing EESU-powered LEVs and electric propulsion systems for LEVs, in conjunction with manufacturing partners, as soon as EEStor makes production EESUs available to us.
    unquote
    •  
      CommentAuthorOmnibus101

What the hell is this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbloodymedia
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010 edited

"EEStor, Inc. remains on track to begin shipping production 15 kilowatt-hour Electrical Energy Storage Units (EESU) to ZENN Motor Company in 2007 for use in their electric vehicles."

Parallels?

At least, what they do is not completely impossible but only very unlikely.
    So where is Whiskey Thief?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: bloodymedia"EEStor, Inc. remains on track to begin shipping production 15 kilowatt-hour Electrical Energy Storage Units (EESU) to ZENN Motor Company in 2007 for use in their electric vehicles."

Not quite accurate either. ZENN no longer make electric vehicles, I believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: bloodymedia
    "EEStor, Inc. remains on track to begin shipping production 15 kilowatt-hour Electrical Energy Storage Units (EESU) to ZENN Motor Company in 2007 for use in their electric vehicles."

Parallels?

At least, what they do is not completely impossible but only very unlikely.
    I wish pennies everywhere would return here.
    • CommentAuthorthehard

Didn't a few members have a bet that ended last night?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThicket

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: bloodymedia"EEStor, Inc. remains on track to begin shipping production 15 kilowatt-hour Electrical Energy Storage Units (EESU) to ZENN Motor Company in 2007 for use in their electric vehicles."

Not quite accurate either. ZENN no longer make electric vehicles, I believe.

They're shutting down production in a few months. All their eggs are in the EEStor/EESU basket.

Penny is having much more fun on EEStory. Steorn has been so thoroughly debunked that she doesn't have any worthwhile targets here.

Whiskey Thief actively posts on EEStory. His Steorn 'true belief' has transferred over to EEStor.
    Fook it, I'm gonna gloat, Whiskeythief claims to have bought shares.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: RunningBareFook it, I'm gonna gloat, Whiskeythief claims to have bought shares.

If he really invested, that is not a gloating matter, but rather a sad loss of money for him. I usually laugh at all believer, except the one which invest, I pity them, a bit sad for them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: QuantenIf he really invested, that is not a gloating matter, but rather a sad loss of money for him. I usually laugh at all believer, except the one which invest, I pity them, a bit sad for them.

Hell, I invested at 2.50 and got out at 6.00. It's all in the timing.
    • CommentAuthorAtom

a.m or p.m?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Atoma.m or p.m?

Can't trade at 6:00 either way.
    • CommentAuthorAtom

Who said you were in the same time zone as your broker?
    Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: QuantenIf he really invested, that is not a gloating matter, but rather a sad loss of money for him. I usually laugh at all believer, except the one which invest, I pity them, a bit sad for them.

Hell, I invested at 2.50 and got out at 6.00. It's all in the timing.

Well, let's hope Whiskeythief saw sense in time, but judging by the way he was lambasting skeptics and boasting about investing I doubt it, or maybe he saw the scam and played it.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

Posted By: bloodymediaAt least, what they do is not completely impossible but only very unlikely.

That's debatable (as evidenced by the debate that has raged among the "experts" on TheEEStory forum for well over a year now). It seems that even among the "experts" the ones who give them a benefit of a doubt still use terms like "unknown mechanism" or "secret sauce".

The similarities in delay tactics, broken promises, and lowering expectations seem uncannily similar between the two companies.
    He indicated that his investment was small and did not matter either way it just gave him a reason to root for the product's success.
    • CommentAuthordareka1
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010

One of the moderators, can't remember his name, is in it for close to one million Canadian dollars.
    I think if you have enough money, and you don't mind losing a bit, it's worth a bet, not much different from the lottery.
    It seems LEVs are more honest than Zenn and they have less of a reason to be. Or maybe that is why they are more forthcoming with the information.
    • CommentAuthorchipotle
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2011

Any update? ZNN is down approx 60% for year.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2011

Zenn's a dead man walking. They have: no product, no income, and no prospects. They are hanging around waiting for the magic capacitors that will never arrive.

There was some chatter about EESTOR wanting to try and get an Air Force lab interested in a demo of something ... soon. From what I saw, EESTOR was looking for cash and the Air Force doesn't think much of EESTOR. I think the Air Force got EESTOR to admit that as of those conversations EESTOR (big surprise) still didn't have any working components. This is despite that EESTOR's head guy has in the past said that all the science was supposedly worked out in the early '90s, and the R&D was supposedly completed before Kleiner invested around 2005.

Oakthicket frequents the EESTOR / Zenn hype board and probably knows more.