Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Know your skink.
    • CommentAuthorpa32r
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2015

Posted By: AngusIt's much easier to get into the 'trap by accident, or even unwillingly. It resembles hell or the Middle East in that regard.

I don't recall any kicking and screaming on my part, perhaps it's the Stockholm Syndrome?
    +4 put a smile on my wake up face
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016 edited

Jan 14. 2016 EEStor CEO interview (audio)

Right in time for this, I guess:

Jan 15. 2016 EEStor Private Placement Now Available
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016

Wow! I thought EEStor was dead. They should be. That's a really long time for a scam to be in stealth mode. Surprised to see Ian Clifford as the public face now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016 edited

It seems like a typical tech scam and probably always was. Small chance it was self delusion but I suppose that's possible in this case as opposed to crap like Sniffex, Steorn's various inventions and of course Defkalion and Rossi, where self deception is all but ruled out on the basis that nobody who can walk and talk would be that stupid for that long.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

It seems to me as a typical TSX Venture play for the quants. I do not believe that EEStore has anything, nor has ever had anything, of significant value.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Well...they are soon to have the money of a group of gullible punters.
    • CommentAuthorGallifrey

Posted By: maryyugoIt seems like a typical tech scam and probably always was. Small chance it was self delusion but I suppose that's possible in this case as opposed to crap like Sniffex, Steorn's various inventions and of course Defkalion and Rossi, where self deception is all but ruled out on the basis that nobody who can walk and talk would be that stupid for that long.

Shaun agrees that your logic is clear and compelling, in the Irish Times interview:

You have this logic trap, okay, what we’re claiming is clearly impossible. They are clearly not idiots; therefore it must be a con. It must be a fraud. Or it is something else; it’s a viral marketing campaign. I think after 15 years, a viral marketing campaign is probably not realistic. Therefore if we apply Occam’s Razor, straight logic, clearly it’s a fraud! Again the logic is quite compelling.
    Logic is only as good as its assumptions (axioms), and the implicit axiom here is that the true, measured output energy exceeds the true, measured input energy.

Since this is the actual lie, the logic collapses.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2016

Shaun's logic, as quoted, does not rely on that axiom.
    • CommentAuthorGallifrey

Shaun is setting up a "straw man" logic that relies on the the assumption that it is impossible for the output energy to exceed the input energy, and implying that this assumption will be tested once people start getting their hands on oCubes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I think Sean is saying. "OK. We're frauds. Now what."

Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2016 edited

I agree with Angus. If in fact Sean ever says anything other than loose meaningless collections of words and tangential or non sequitur replies.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Posted By: AngusI think Sean is saying. "OK. We're frauds. Now what."

Now what?
    Words from the man himself.
    More investors of course, cheers! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThicket

I stopped actively following EEStor/Zenn/EESU since Baghead shut down the EEStory website. Things were and still are very tedious.

For what it's worth, I don't think Clifford is a scammer. Clifford is a dreamer. His head is in the clouds, and the rest of his body is mired in mud.

All the wild predictions of EESU commercialization died a few years ago. EEStor Corp (previously Zenn) is just another venture company with high hopes and poor prospects. In the interview, Clifford repeatedly talks about wanting partners in the barium titanate capacitor commercialization. Good luck to him. Maybe he'll be successful. What I'm quite sure about is that this technology is a dud. There was so much bullshit and misdirection from Dick Weir. Weir's technology claims were crap. If there's a scammer in this story, it's Dick Weir.
    aka Dick "Dick" Weir