Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSwissie
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2016 edited

Posted By: tinkerA Steorn-clone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uItJj8PeU0

http://quantamagnetics.com/

The guy sells fancy, expensive ($3k) magnet motor/generator kits -- and now he's suddenly invented free energy, LOL. Take quantum theory and magnetics, or any other buzzwords, and you have a cool name.

Some aspects of his "Blackbox" charger cells are surprisingly similar to Orbo power cells: The thin foils that he uses. And graphite coating, as is often used in electrets. And how the voltage climbs up again after the cell has been shorted for a while. Or how in his charger, the power cells trickle charge a couple of Li-ion batteries which then power the connected device. Watch his other videos e.g. this one and you'll see similarities to the Steorn videos. I'm sure that lots of people and even investors will fall for his scam. Quantum magnets, wow, it MUST be true!

On his FB page, he posted on 23rd April "After 30 days of testing, our new product [the never-die Blackbox charger] will finally hit the market."

On the Blackbox charger (which has no power input) it says "Patent pending... experimental device... do not charge or short circuit... Device will self-charge in 12 hours... Output 4.8V Capacity 11.2 Ah"

He calls his gizmo "An incredible NEW advancement in energy technology."

But can it split time? If not, he's still way behind Steorn!

This is a very interesting new scam, I think. Worthy of its own thread.

His name is Mike Kantz.

Photo:

And his motto makes me almost cry: "Striving for Energy Independence in a desperate world."

After watching more of his videos, it's pretty clear that he has been following Steorn (and their successful investor funding) and is now trying to establish his Blackbox charger as a competitor to the Orbo charger.

Another interesting video

The pulse motors he builds in his lab look good and he sells them here: Quanta Magnetics store
    I guess this is where he'll sell his Blackbox charger. SooN.

So where does the energy come from? For his motors, he says it's Schumann Resonance (remember the Adgex ELFE fiasco) and for his charger, he mentions ambient thermal energy... blah blah blah.

If he wants to copy $teorn, I expect him to get a logo tattoo and hire sexy girls for the product launch!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2016

Wow! I've always wanted a Gyroscopic Resonant Inertia Generator!
    And at $4000 it's a steal...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie

I guess the Blackbox will be sold at €1199.- to make it cheaper than the Ocube, haha. It will be sold out SooN.

I find it strange that the Blackbox has no USB output. Product design flaw? It can't even charge a phone.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

But does he have a blog, or do his marks?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie

None found. Just Facebook and Youtube comments. And an old PESwiki page.

Some FB comments:

If this cell lasts for a long time without loss of power and can be made cheap, you will change the world.

Mike Kantz:
    Thanks. That's what I'm hoping for by using the thin film. Time will tell.

Another free energy scam... And not very original.
    Posted By: SwissieNone found. Just Facebook and Youtube comments. And an old PESwiki page.

Some FB comments:

If this cell lasts for a long time without loss of power and can be made cheap, you will change the world.

Mike Kantz:
    Thanks. That's what I'm hoping for by using the thin film. Time will tell.

Another free energy scam... And not very original.

The last one is mine.

But I think this has been around for several years already?
    Posted By: SwissieI guess the Blackbox will be sold at €1199.- to make it cheaper than the Ocube, haha. It will be sold out SooN.

I find it strange that the Blackbox has no USB output. Product design flaw? It can't even charge a phone.

Well, if there were an USB output, could it charge a phone then?

See. It's cost optimized.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Sean must be livid that someone stole his scam! :)

Calling Mr NewsEditor, come on buddy, stick up for your old pal Sean!

Oh, by the way, have you received your FREE Ophone yet? :)
    Orbo vs. Blackbox - which one doesn't work better?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

That's a tough one since they both don't work perfectly. On design aesthetics I think the dishonour goes to Orbo which is the uglier by a hair.
    Three cheers for Orbo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbloodymedia

Posted By: Angusthey both don't work perfectly

Took me a second - or two ;)

Well, a perfect combination of ugliness and uselessness is hard to achieve, if you are not a news editor.
    Well, a perfect combination of ugliness and uselessness is hard to achieve, if you are not a news editor.

Some Finnish politicians are trying very hard to meet these specs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Pathoskeptic
    Posted By: SwissieI guess the Blackbox will be sold at €1199.- to make it cheaper than the Ocube, haha. It will be sold out SooN.

Well, if there were an USB output, could it charge a phone then?

See. It's cost optimized.

They are leaving themselves the option of offering the first ten customers FREE the usb/banana plug jumper cable (a $38.50 value).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie

And the Assembly Manual will cost $199.-

Actually, that's a great business idea for IKEA.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

I note it's a kit which is a smart move. When it fails to work, they can say it was not assembled correctly.

I got Indiegogo's email list and the stuff they send me is maybe 60% scam, 30% useless and maybe just maybe 10% worthwhile or at least maybe worthwhile.

It seems to be a whole new way for budding sociopaths to sell and promote rank scams. Whoopee.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Here is a cheap little very low power pulse generator. It can't do what they claim. TENS is the same thing and already exists. No controlled double blind clinical studies which I could find (I admit I didn't spend much time looking). And look how much they are collecting!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/livia-the-off-switch-for-menstrual-pain#/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2016

Here's another free energy black box charger:

http://infinitysav.com/freeenergydevice
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

A Korean company selling Russian scams?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie

Yeah, it's similar to Adgex (an Australian company selling Russian scams).
    • CommentAuthorthehard

I don't know if the menstrual pain thingy works, but the ad is absolutely brilliant.