Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I am really starting to think the human race is going insane. I have just discovered the latest bat shit crazy phenomenon called the Mandela Effect and CERN. There are people who are saying the CERN experiments are causing a rift between dimensions and that Bible passages everywhere in every form they take (i.e. printed or electronic) are being altered like some Orwellian Ministry of Truth.

Here is an example of this bat shit crazy mindfuck

There are numerous other videos related to the same thing. Coupling this with chemtrails, aliens, anti-christ, flat Earth, free energy I am quickly coming to the conclusion that the human race has lost its fucking mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2016

Must be the start of the end of days.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: Knuckles OTooleI am really starting to think the human race is going insane. I have just discovered the latest bat shit crazy phenomenon called the Mandela Effect and CERN. There are people who are saying the CERN experiments are causing a rift between dimensions and that Bible passages everywhere in every form they take (i.e. printed or electronic) are being altered like some Orwellian Ministry of Truth.

Here is an example of this bat shit crazy mindfuck

There are numerous other videos related to the same thing. Coupling this with chemtrails, aliens, anti-christ, flat Earth, free energy I am quickly coming to the conclusion that the human race has lost its fucking mind.

It's not more insane or idiotic than it ever was.

It's just now the loons don't sit at the back of the night bus mumbling about this shit, instead they have access to mass media and an audience of 3 billion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie

Agree. When you go to the Facebook page of Steorn here, it says under "Related Pages":
    The Venus Project - Global
    PLANETARY COLLECTIVE
    Higher Balance Institute
    UFOS ON EARTH

Bullshit attracts Bullshit. Time to watch Idiocracy again.
    Perhaps an infinite number of CERNs will rewrite the entire works of Shakespeare.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2016 edited

Posted By: BigOilRepIt's not more insane or idiotic than it ever was.

It's just now the loons don't sit at the back of the night bus mumbling about this shit, instead they have access to mass media and an audience of 3 billion.
    Agree. Think of things like the Inquisition and the Crusades, sorcery, alchemy and all the weird shit ancients believed and lived for. Hell, how about Hitler and Mussolini? How about ISIS and Boko Haram and Al Qaeda to bring it all up to date? For that matter, how many people are religious? How illogical are even the mildest real religions? And that's before you even get to pure crappola like Scientology. Evolution has created a serious problem for humanity.

Posted By: SwissieBullshit attracts Bullshit. Time to watch Idiocracy again.
    Idiocracy is Trump's real source of support. I listened to his last talk with morbid fascination. He said not one word which was credible-- not one. All he did was make flowery and entirely unsubstantiated promises. He's going to fix everything but he never says even the slightest clue about how. And his acolytes don't even notice, much less care. Bunch of silly lemmings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: maryyugoHe said not one word which was credible-- not one. All he did was make flowery and entirely unsubstantiated promises.

The Guardian, no fan of Trump's, has a wonderful editorial technique for trashing him without making any editorial statement whatever. They just quote whatever he said, verbatim.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

LOL
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

Berenstein or Berenstain?

https://youtu.be/N4ycabIlWv0
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

Posted By: AngusThe Guardian, no fan of Trump's, has a wonderful editorial technique for trashing him without making any editorial statement whatever. They just quote whatever he said, verbatim.
    The Guardian isn't the only one using that technique. The problem with it, though, is that it makes the article nearly unreadable. On par with reading Palin quotes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It's a good technique if you write the rest of the article in reasonable English and make sure the Trump quotes are easily distinguished from it. The problem, I think, is that there is a section of the population who won't see the difference. But I suppose that section wouldn't be reading the Guardian anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

I don't remember Palin very well except for incredible stupidity but Trump is, sadly, quite readable. It's just that his stuff is like "We'll get more jobs, it will be wonderful." or "We will win so much that you will get tired of winning." or "We will take wonderful care of our African Americans."

It's quite readable but completely and irrevocably meaningless-- something that seems to escape the sort of people who vote for this creature.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: maryyugoIt's quite readable but completely and irrevocably meaningless-- something that seems to escape the sort of people who vote for this creature.

Eggs actly.

One of the reasons that New York became great was that it's serviced by many, many different rivers and waterways. You have the Atlantic Ocean connected virtually right to it, and it's serviced by the East River and the Hudson River and lots of tributaries.

I especially like this one:

“He’s a member of a club or society very strongly from Mexico, which is fine,” Trump said of Curiel. “But I say he’s got bias. I’m going to build a wall. I’m going to build a wall.”
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2016

• CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2016

Posted By: johnqMore batshitcraziness, especially for the Brits.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/ben-elton-knew-nothing-about-the-young-ones-creepy-fifth-housemate-2016-6

Haha, enjoyed that - thanks.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2016 edited

Yup, good read, Classic Young Ones breaking the fourth wall (take that Deadpoop!). :)
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2018 edited

Given the push toward energy conservation, what is it with the Brits and their AGA and Rayburn cookers?

I read a squib sometime ago where Mary Berry waxed rhapsodic about her AGA. I, for the life of me, cannot see the benefit of the great expensive hunks of cast iron that require continuous feeding. I suspect that they're not even legal in some areas of the US--I don't know about Canadia.

I do all of my cooktop work now with induction, which is probably one of the more efficient methods. I was listening to some French guy whose company offers bespoke kitchen ranges for absurd prices. What's even more ridiculous is that if the porcelain finish on any part is damaged, the entire unit must be redone, as the colors are all custom-fired. Toys for people with too little imagination and too much money, I guess.

The French guy acknowledged induction, but called it "soulless"--"You dial in a temperature and it responds precisely, like a computer."
    Posted By: AsterixI do all of my cooktop work now with induction, which is probably one of the more efficient methods.

It's so efficient, in fact, that it has bamboozled many of the usual suspects into believing it is actually "overunity".

Do you use a special pan adapter or special pans for yours or just standard iron or copper skillets and saucepans?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2018

My cooking hardware is mostly of the All-Clad variety, with a couple of exceptions--my le Creuset cast iron skilled and Dutch oven and saucepan.

I've owned the skillet for over 30 years and it never gets washed--just wiped out and oiled. The original nonstick coating.

I've never found a reason to trust those "adapters".
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2018

Posted By: AsterixGiven the push toward energy conservation, what is it with the Brits and their AGA and Rayburn cookers?

The weather - cold & damp so keeping a big old thermal mass warm in the kitchen keeps the kitchen comfy; they often heat water too.