Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2019

I gave five test drives to friends today. This car is so frickin fun to show off.
    I bet you can make a lot of new friends that way too
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

If somebody would post something from a neutral source about Tesla I'd be interested. All these U-Turn videos are from Tesla shills.
    Oh would you now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Oh would I not?
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: Andrew Palfreyman
    Go on. Have a giggle.

What does it matter to you whether Team Tesla "wins" or not? I'm genuinely curious.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI bet you can make a lot of new friends that way too

Yes, in the future everyone will bond over luxury sedans.
    The transition from whippet fancying will be relatively seamless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

Posted By: goatcheezSleep okay during the trip?

Like baby. Mrs Ping has a rather expensive taste in hotels.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2019 edited

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanThe Big Boys Are Coming for Tesla !!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taKus92c-hI

Go on. Have a giggle.

Liked the cinematographic use of DaVinci presets in that video.
    Also, it does not look like TESLA is ahead 12 years on the Nordschleife.
    TESLA will soon be absorbed. (Can still be a nice investment opportunity.)

(ETA: Also I can't tell if this is a clever parody of a TESLA shill or the real thing.)
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2019 edited

Also, What is the mileage of a Tesla S in that 2.X s to 60m/100km acceleration mode, exactly?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2019

• CommentAuthorkorkskrew

Posted By: AngusIf somebody would post something from a neutral source about Tesla I'd be interested. All these U-Turn videos are from Tesla shills.
    I think the problem is that as soon as you drive a Tesla you become biased. There is one video you might like though. A tad out of date, but my give you the perspective you're looking for. I'll find it tonight and post a link. I can't find it on my phone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

• CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2019 edited

Sandy Munro is a guy who tears down cars to their individual parts, and writes detailed reports on them which are available for purchase.

This isn't the video I hoped to find, but it gives you some idea. There is a video where he tears down one of the earliest Model 3 cars produced, and he found a lot right, and a lot wrong, but I can't seem to find that one.

This video is after the second Model 3 tear-down he did.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpCrkO1x-Qo

ETA: I found one from before the first tear-down where he has nothing good to say about the car.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCIo8e12sBM

The one I was hoping to find is after the first tear-down where he's pretty critical of the frame and body, but complimentary of everything else. The second tear-down was done after Tesla fixed it's production quality problems, so he pretty much has nothing bad to say.
    Oh man what a gig. I wish I could get someone to pay me to take stuff apart. I've been doing it ever since I was able to hold a screwdriver in my jelly-smeared fingers.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: korkskrewThe one I was hoping to find is after the first tear-down where he's pretty critical of the frame and body, but complimentary of everything else

This one?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVnRQRdePp4

(also thanks for posting those videos, at least a little more substance than zac and jesse's elonsaid weekly)
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

Not that one either. That is also after the second tear-down (I think).
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2019

Munro has kind of a narrow focus on the mechanical engineering of the car. His evaluations really don't touch what is, to me, the greatest value component; the software.

That's why I tell people to drive the cars. First drive a Tesla, then go ahead and drive anything else. Not only will the Tesla put the others to shame mechanically, the software just makes it a whole different class of thing, the same way a flip phone and a smart phone are different classes.