Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2019 edited

The local electric utility is having an "experience an EV" affair (reservation only). If I can get one and a Tesla, I might be tempted to have some fun driving over some of the most potholed tank-trapped streets in town at speed. I suspect it'll probably bottom out, but who cares? I suspect, however, that the permitted route will be already specified.
    Posted By: AsterixThe local electric utility is having an "experience an EV" affai
    That's a nice positive bit of news
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Heck, they've been at this for decades. They even demoed a GM EV1 back in the day.

They even offer rebates on installing home charging stations.

PNW = cheap electric power.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2019

If you can bottom out a Tesla, you're a pretty scary driver.
    Posted By: Andrew Palfreyman
    Posted By: AsterixThe local electric utility is having an "experience an EV" affai
    That's a nice positive bit of news

It's good to keep up with current events.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Yes, you can sense the tension...
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: korkskrewIf you can bottom out a Tesla, you're a pretty scary driver.

So Tesla wouldn't have any problems with me taking out on some of the country mudhole roads here? (we've lost 4WD F350s in those). Said roads have a name and addresses on them.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

Maybe you'll high center it, but all I said is that if you bottom out that suspension, you're a pretty scary driver.

ETA: The subtext there is that it isn't a normal suspension. It's pretty amazing (to me).
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

I'd love to see a video of a Tesla S going "mudding" (a favorite sport of the younger males here).
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

The Model X is what you would want to take mudding.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

That's not mudding--this is mudding.
    Here's another one - it's oldish but not yet linked here, I believe.

Sandy Munro Talks About Tesla in China - Autoline After Hours 458
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DucRxWz_58
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2019

Posted By: AsterixThat's not mudding--thisis mudding.
    Will have to wait for the Tesla pickup (2021 likely) to do that.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: korkskrew
    Posted By: AsterixThat's not mudding--thisis mudding.
    Will have to wait for the Tesla pickup (2021 likely) to do that.

I hope they get it right. Pickup trucks are sold to a completely different market/demographic*.

If I were i9n charge of tesla, I would instead focus on improving the existing products and scrap the X.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

In my part of the county, you're more likely to see a pickup truck or at least an SUV, as opposed to a passenger sedan.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

Posted By: aber0der... If I were in charge of tesla, I would instead focus on improving the existing products and scrap the X.
    But if you were in charge of Tesla, there would likely not be a Tesla.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2019 edited

In charge of electric cars? :)
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: korkskrew
    Posted By: aber0der... If I were in charge of tesla, I would instead focus on improving the existing products and scrap the X.
    But if you were in charge of Tesla, there would likely not be a Tesla.

Hehe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWB2mEAmCN0
    Neat little gizmo. I lived for 18 months out of a sleeping bag rolled up inside a foam mattress on top of my rucksack and so appreciate it.

With full autonomy this modus can doubtless be pushed further. Falling asleep under the glass roof while the stars wheel by while travelling a mountain road. Using a built in minifridge and microwave for breakfast in bed. A brisk plunge into a mountain lake to sluice off the grease from time to time.
    Etc.

Some Norwegian friends are currently experiencing a canal trip on a rented barge in Leicestershire and loving it. They bumped into Prunella Scales and Timothy West at a local pub yesterday. They have fallen in love with the place where I grew up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2019

So where's the toilet?