Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSPECTRE
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010

Gravity boots had this to say on the other forum:

"I won't deny I haven't seen simple wattage in and out and as an skdb member I've not been provided with any special information that would suggest that the demo devices were anything but underunity."

and later this:

"...and for clarification there have been no working replications in the skdb."

This made me LOLZ; I would rate this as a PWN'ing of SKDP diptards and Steorn apologists such as couldbe, 007, babcat, etc.

5 gold stars for Gravity boots; all around best in show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsaner

Just wait. Any moment now one of the Steorntards will explain that GB is not part of the 'special' SKDB inner sanctum where the 'working' and 'OU' replications have been displayed.
    Or GB will be ejected from the SPUD club for unacceptable behaviour.
    I always thought SKDB sounded like a Soviet era secret police force. Of course Gravity Boots will become persona non gratis and be drummed out of the inner circle. He will probably have to run the gauntlet as the true believers exact their pound of flesh on him. I think 007 will have to step up his damage control with Grant and MrSean2k bringing up the rear. As they used to say in the Army the best D is a good O.
    • CommentAuthorSPECTRE

Yes indeed; the hive mind is not going to like this one.
    Posted By: SPECTREYes indeed; the hive mind is not going to like this one.

Someone mentioned the parallels with how disgruntled Scientology members were (are) treated.
    when i was in the SKDB i remembered GB being on the skeptical side. Then for a while just before the final demos he started posting on the public forum and sounding like he thought Steorn might have something interesting after all, implying that we might be surprised at what we saw.

I guess it all was a bit of a let down, and the following silence from Sean was so familiar to those in the SKDB. He has come back to his senses now it seems, good for him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsaner

Posted By: Knuckles OTooleAs they used to say in the Army the best D is a good O.

Yeah, and to paraphrase Goebbels, "The best lie, is a big lie"

Funny, I could see gRant and Craig as Brownshirts.
    Posted By: sanerFunny, I could see gRant and Craig as Brownshirts.

They are why I coined the term Steorntroopers.
    • CommentAuthorSPECTRE

Tales of membership in the SKDB and all its privileges reminds of, "...this one time, at band camp..."
    Posted By: sanerYeah, and to paraphrase Goebbels, "The best lie, is a big lie"

Not to enter Godwin territory these are appropriate:

"All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach."

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed. "

Hitler.

I think 007 is the target audience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010 edited

Posted By: sanerYeah, and to paraphrase Goebbels, "The best lie, is a big lie"

I binged it (www.bing.com) and found the exact quote:
    Joseph Goebbels, 12 January 1941. Die Zeit ohne BeispielThe English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous

Posted By: sanerFunny, I could see gRant and Craig as Brownshirts.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Something pretty amazing and it tells you how little anyone really cares about what Steorn claims and does: NOBODY has bothered to truck their ass down to the Waterways venue and actually look in to see what, if anything, is going on there. Anyway, nobody who reported about it on the internet where Google reaches. Is there nobody from Dublin or thereabouts who reads these forums and has at least a little interest? And nobody has said a word about doing any testing. All we've heard from is a small handful of people who asked to test and didn't get a reply. Earthshaking this Steorn thing, ain't it?
    Posted By: maryyugoEarthshaking this Steorn thing, ain't it?

A real nail biter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsaner

"They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous."

Sounds like Sean to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVylasni

Always nice when someone from the SKDB has the guts to speak out against obvious lies from 007/NewsEditor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: maryyugoSomething pretty amazing and it tells you how little anyone really cares about what Steorn claims and does: NOBODY has bothered to truck their ass down to the Waterways venue and actually look in to see what, if anything, is going on there.
    My information is that a number of people have gone down there. The problem is, once you go in, you don't come out.

Earthshaking this Steorn thing, ain't it?
    More than you can possibly know; but you will know, soon.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: maryyugoSomething pretty amazing and it tells you how little anyone really cares about what Steorn claims and does: NOBODY has bothered to truck their ass down to the Waterways venue and actually look in to see what, if anything, is going on there. Anyway, nobody who reported about it on the internet where Google reaches. Is there nobody from Dublin or thereabouts who reads these forums and has at least a little interest? And nobody has said a word about doing any testing. All we've heard from is a small handful of people who asked to test and didn't get a reply. Earthshaking this Steorn thing, ain't it?
    Mary the van from the old folks' home was busy carting seniors around on shopping errands and medical appointments. They couldn't get back around to the Waterways.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: couldbe
    Posted By: maryyugoSomething pretty amazing and it tells you how little anyone really cares about what Steorn claims and does: NOBODY has bothered to truck their ass down to the Waterways venue and actually look in to see what, if anything, is going on there.
    My information is that a number of people have gone down there. The problem is, once you go in, you don't come out.
    Steorn have turned to cannibals? I didn't realize their cash had gotten THAT low.

Earthshaking this Steorn thing, ain't it?
    More than you can possibly know; but you will know, soon.
    Of course there will always be jam: soon ... tomorrow ... later ...
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Someone managed to phone an image from Waterways before they disappeared: