Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015 edited

Posted By: sonoboyLike I've said before, most of you here do not have a moral compass, you have politically correct moral weather vanes.
    Huge difference. Whatever way the wind blows..Of course you see yourselves as morally superior because you fancy yourselves as champions of the underdog, or some group who's feelings might be hurt,

Who's feelings would be hurt by what exactly? Seems to be their feelings would only be hurt by your view that they should remain in the closet and not "force themselves down your throat" (which seems to mean they should pretend they don't exist and keep very quiet if they don't want any trouble from you and other bigoted right wing nutjobs). I doubt their feelings would be hurt by my view that they should be free to live as they wish and should be entitled to equal opportunity and treatment and not be discriminated against on the basis of their sexuality.

, or whatever the flavor of the month is, but you have no convictions and certainly no foresight.

My moral compass is so skewed that I even allow minority bigoted views such as yours a voice at my expense.
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015

I like to think my moral wotsit is skewed permanantly toward 'Do unto others etc etc.'
    Do you know why Indian brides have the spot between their eyes. So their groom can scratch it off and see whether her dowry is a 7/11 or a Baskin-Robbins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2015

That joke appears to be so culturally circumscribed that we can't understand it up here in the mirror-culture. Or I can't, anyway.
    Did you hear the one about the stupid Brahmin and the smart Harijan?
    Well no, of course you wouldn't have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2015

I've heard it. We tell it all the time down here in the Dalit cafeteria.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2015

Posted By: sonoboyLike I've said before, most of you here do not have a moral compass, you have politically correct moral weather vanes.
    Huge difference. Whatever way the wind blows..Of course you see yourselves as morally superior because you fancy yourselves as champions of the underdog, or some group who's feelings might be hurt,, or whatever the flavor of the month is, but you have no convictions and certainly no foresight.
    What is it that you think gay people are taking from you?
    I'm guessing the answer is "peace of mind"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2015

Or, perhaps, the irony of 'piece' of mind.
    I've always found it's the smallest minds that are inevitably filled with the most hate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2015

Huge difference. Whatever way the wind blows..Of course you see yourselves as morally superior because you fancy yourselves as champions of the underdog, or some group who's feelings might be hurt,, or whatever the flavor of the month is, but you have no convictions and certainly no foresight.

Sigh.
    You realize that we ALL have a moral compass, but it differs for all of us ?

See we can all pretty much agree on some general lines, do not murder, do not rape, do not lie, do not steal.

But then suddenly when you scratch the absolutist word on paper and look at concrete situation, there is gray area which comes.

it is acceptable to steal to fend off starvation of your kid ?
    it is acceptable to steal to fend off starvation for yourself ?
    it is acceptable to steal to buy pain killer for a kid ?
    it is acceptable to steal to buy pain killer for yourself ?
    it is acceptable to steal to buy pain killer for a stranger ?
    it is acceptable to steal to provide your kid an education by stealing education books from a supermarket ?
    it is acceptable to steal to provide your kid an education by stealing education books from a school ?
    it is acceptable to steal to provide your kid an education by stealing education books from another poor kid ?
    it is acceptable to steal to provide your kid with gifts ?
    it is acceptable to steal to provide yourself with gifts ?

The top of the list many people will agree that it is most probably acceptable, the bottom unacceptable. The middle may not be the same for everybody. It is in the gray area.

Some might say it is OK to fend off starvation by stealing , other may say you shall never EVER steal even if it means dying, other may say it is OK also to steal to provide an education and better chance for children but only if it is from a big corp.

The point is that we all have gradation in various area.

Another point is that that model compass changes with time. Slavery was perfectly acceptable until people changed and started to ban it, for example IIRC slavery was banned in 160oish in France. But continued in the colonies.

So essentially when you admonest us for not having a moral compass what you really are stating, is that you are a petulant child which do not accept that other have differing opinion than yours,.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2015

Posted By: joshs
    What is it that you think gay people are taking from you?

His libido. Maybe sonoby is fearing that he might have to come out of the closet if he sees more image of sexy gay people kissing. Same principle as those pastor yelling that gay will go into hell, awhile at the same time getting "massage" from their gay boy prostitute.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015

+
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

Bump.