Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010

Posted By: novaIs that Grimer?
    I don't know how one can read Grimer and not shudder.

Ah Frank is OK! He just figured out a way to build something so amazing and revolutionary and groundbreaking and important and useful and essential for the hopes and dreams and future of mankind, that he couldn't be bothered to get his hands dirty actually building it. Dontcha know! Or something. Allegedly. In my opinion. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    Posted By: GrimerSean may have been economical with the actualité and many of the other things Mary has listed - but I don't see him as a proven liar.

So claiming he had a 550BHP Orbo was telling the truth when in fact he had no such thing? Frank, when someone cannot parse truth from fiction they are either delusional or conning. Take your pick.

Let's put it this way. He felt that his theoretical understanding was so strong that he was convinced he "had", in effect, in an all over but the shouting way, a large motor. The 550 value was picked out of thin air which gave away the fact that this was a virtual, not an actual motor.

I suppose I sympathise with him because I realise that I too am convinced that I have all the elements of a virtual motor. I shall be careful not to claim any specific power output however.

If in the event my arguments prove to be flawed then I will have made a mistake, jumped the gun. Making a mistake does not mean one is deluded. Plenty of eminent scientists jump the gun without being deluded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

It's a cache 22 situation, Frank believes in it but lacks the skills to build it, people who could build it don't believe in it. I wish Frank would take my advice and offer some cash to someone like Clanzer or Craigy who have great building skills at least to pay for the materials but I suppose at his age he is frightened, he might have his dreams shattered if it doesn't work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: Duracell

Ah Frank is OK! He just figured out a way to build something so amazing and revolutionary and groundbreaking and important and useful and essential for the hopes and dreams and future of mankind, that he couldn't be bothered to get his hands dirty actually building it. Dontcha know! Or something. Allegedly. In my opinion.)

Believe you me I would love to get my hands dirty building a gravity mill if I had the necessary talents. Unfortunately I don't so I will have to make every effort to explain the principles so clearly that someone with the skills of a CLaNZeR or a Craigy will want to build one.
    • CommentAuthorSPECTRE

What is "gravity wind"??? Does it smell bad?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: GrimerThe 550 value was picked out of thin air

Pulling figures "out of thin air" and presenting them as facts = making shit up = telling lies.

You can sympathise with this position as much as you like, and seek to mitigate it by trying to provide an understandable excuse for the lie, but it does not change the lie from being a lie to being a mistake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: TrimIt's a cache 22 situation, Frank believes in it but lacks the skills to build it, people who could build it don't believe in it. I wish Frank would take my advice and offer some cash to someone like Clanzer or Craigy who have great building skills at least to pay for the materials but I suppose at his age he is frightened, he might have his dreams shattered if it doesn't work.

People who could build it don't yet know about it because I have only given the bare bones so far.

As for having my dreams shattered, any scientist worth his salt is constantly getting his dreams shattered. The secret of success is to persist until your dreams come true.

I don't think paying people is a good idea. Without belief one cannot move mountains. For someone to build a gravity mill he has to have belief. He has to be a shepherd not a hireling.

One thing I must say about the members of the BesslerWheel.com forum. Bar the odd cynic who is merely there to troll, they do believe both that Bessler achieved what he claimed and, the corollary, that a gravity wheel is possible. All they lack is a bullet proof theoretical foundation for their builds.

John Collins is the latest person to feel he has made a breakthrough and we expect the results of his labours real "soon". Hopefully soon represents a converging rather than a diverging series.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: Grimer
    Posted By: Duracell

Ah Frank is OK! He just figured out a way to build something so amazing and revolutionary and groundbreaking and important and useful and essential for the hopes and dreams and future of mankind, that he couldn't be bothered to get his hands dirty actually building it. Dontcha know! Or something. Allegedly. In my opinion.)

Believe you me I would love to get my hands dirty building a gravity mill if I had the necessary talents. Unfortunately I don't so I will have to make every effort to explain the principles so clearly that someone with the skills of a CLaNZeR or a Craigy will want to build one.

I understand. Your talent is coming up with the theory to build such a device. However, I for one believe that you would be at least equally talented at building such a device! ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: SPECTREWhat is "gravity wind"??? Does it smell bad?

He who smelt it, dealt it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: GrimerWithout belief one cannot move mountains. For someone to build a gravity mill he has to have belief. He has to be a shepherd not a hireling.

One thing I must say about the members of the BesslerWheel.com forum. Bar the odd cynic who is merely there to troll, they do believe both that Bessler achieved what he claimed and, the corollary, that a gravity wheel is possible.

...and yet no success despite all that belief, and all those believers! Just how much belief and how many believers are required for success? Is the answer: More, always more? And is the answer to when: soon, always soon?
    • CommentAuthorSPECTRE

Just put on the slippers and click your heels three times; that's all you have to do.
    Posted By: TrimOh yea of little faith.

Jesus Christ was a lizard?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoSideSam

Our reptilian overlords are not going to be happy that Trim let the secret out!
    Posted By: NoSideSamOur reptilian overlords are not going to be happy that Trim let the secret out!

Nice knowing you Trim.
    • CommentAuthorunderunity

Posted By: TrimOh yea of little faith.

Jesus Christ was a lizard?

No he was born of immaculate conception. He was the son of god.. but like, some people believe he IS god or something. And some other people believe that him, his mom and God are all the same thing... Anyway, he died for your sins (unless you do don't believe in him, in which case, he thinks you're a fucking asshole) but even if you believe in him, you cant sin... cuz thats bad and you'll still go to hell. Which is hot. And it fucking hurts. Not the good kind of hurt where you're tied up and shit, but the bad kind of hurt.. Anyway, where was I? Ok, he'll be born again at some point in the future, and that will be like the end of times and...

ah, fuck it.

Its easier to believe he was a lizard.
    Posted By: GrimerLet's put it this way. He felt that his theoretical understanding was so strong that he was convinced he "had", in effect, in anall over but the shoutingway, a large motor.

So you think that the either the light sensitive gizmo that didn't work at Kinetica or the souped up battery driven doodad at Waterways could be extrapolated, in all honesty, into a device that produces 550BHP by a competent engineer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010 edited

Posted By: GrimerLet's put it this way. He felt that his theoretical understanding was so strong that he was convinced he "had", in effect, in anall over but the shoutingway, a large motor.

So you think that the either the light sensitive gizmo that didn't work at Kinetica or the souped up battery driven doodad at Waterways could be extrapolated, in all honesty, into a device that produces 550BHP by a competent engineer?

No - I think he is saying that it is not a lie to tell a lie, if you are competent enough to know that you are telling a lie by making something up, but incompetent enough to think that the lie you are inventing might turn out to be true, or approximately true, or nowhere even close but still true on some boolean level, later on! He is clearly demonstrating that he is a religious person with hypocrisy like that!
    Posted By: Duracellhe is a religious person with hypocrisy like that!

Frank, can you please mangle all of the ten commandments for us.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: GrimerSomeone else will build it when they understand why and how it can be built.

You, overconfident and CMB should start a think tank.
    Don't leave out PLOL! If they include PLOL! they can save a bundle on patent searches by doing it all OBE style.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Grimer
    You, overconfident and CMB should start a think tank.

This forum is a think tank. Why do you imagine I am putting these arguments forward here and not at BesslerWheel.com. This forum has many highly talented and experienced members who are more than capable of understanding any argument I put forward (and pulling it to pieces if it's wrong).

Also, many members of this forum are extraordinarily generous with their insults - which spurs one on to greater efforts. That was the trouble with the SPUD. Everybody was so polite to each other. There was nothing like the stimulation one gets here from the Voices of the Damned.
    Feel yourself spurred on. Really, why do you insist on posting this bull shit sewage?