Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010 edited

IHS - IHS - IHS
    • CommentAuthorMileHigh
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010

Think of a concrete wall and you attach a metal plate to it. Then you attach a big metal spring to the plate. The other end of the spring attaches to a wheeled cart with weights on it and it weighs 100 KG total.

You run up to the cart and you give it a flying kick and then watch the 100 KG cart oscillate back and forth on the spring until it eventually stops.

That's the mechanical version of your parallel LC tank circuit.

Yes, electric fields and magnetic fields can store energy in three-dimensional space. In the above example the compressed spring can store energy and the moving mass can store energy.

MileHigh
    Metaphoric Deformation
    is the process by which
    features of poorly-understood
    or new phenomena
    are mapped, more or less accurately
    to fit a person's own
    idee fixe concepts and perceptions.

Burma Shave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010

Posted By: MileHighThink of a concrete wall ...

Actually by some unfathomable coincidence I was actually thinking about a brick wall just before I got to your post! ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

IHS - IHS - IHS
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Comedy gold, as usual.
    "Luminiferous Aether" please Frank, it scans better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

The interesting thing about the "Luminiferous Aether" is that it has the same strain energy pattern as clay. The Solid Phase (the electric field particles) are in a state of compressive strain and the Fluid Phase is in a state of tensile strain. The arithmetic strain energy must be enormous and yet because the entropy is balanced it allows material to move through it without gain or loss of energy.

I'm sure there must be a moral in it somewhere - the fact that the mechanism is the same as for clay, The EM aether is like the clay out of which ponderous matter grows - matter having positive or negative mass that is as opposed to the aether Solid and Fluid phases which have neutral mass.
    • CommentAuthorunderunity

Intriguing circuit.

But I fear it will only work if the electric field of the plate capacitor aligns in such a way that it is perpendicular to the gravitomagnetic field generated by the the luminiferous aether. Obviously, the strain put on to the capacitor by the force of the electric field is time invariant due to the quantization of the field and therefor, if you precisely extract the strain energy during this time interval, I am sure you will produce interesting results indeed.
    • CommentAuthornova

See children....this is your brain on Grimer's religion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010 edited

@Frank

Have you seen the interesting video thread its quite entertaining. One clip shows a Frenchman with what he claims is a self running extra large wheel, I can't see immediately where the con comes in maybe he is a modern day Bessler with an invisible chambermaid.
    Posted By: underunityIntriguing circuit.

But I fear it will only work if the electric field of the plate capacitor aligns in such a way that it is perpendicular to the gravitomagnetic field generated by the the luminiferous aether. Obviously, the strain put on to the capacitor by the force of the electric field is time invariant due to the quantization of the field and therefor, if you precisely extract the strain energy during this time interval, I am sure you will produce interesting results indeed.

Yep, you will get a unidirectional reactionless thrust as the gravitomagnetic analog of inertia grabs onto the luminiferous aether and, by a process not unakin to magnetogravitohydrodynamics, sort of "oozes" along through space, without the expenditure of reaction mass.

Or maybe not, it all depends.
    • CommentAuthorMileHigh

The angle of the dangle times the square of the hair equals the cube of the tube. The flute is also an LC resonator of course and with enough excitation you may get some aetheric ectoplasm forming.

I never knew that my computer's memory consisted of uni-axially stressed aether. I always thought there was a little man running around inside constantly having to check if he had to refill lots of little leaky buckets with water. He carries a water tank around on his back.

MileHigh
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

It is the time cube, I tell you, all in the time cube...

(hihi).
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: Trim@Frank

Have you seen the interesting video thread its quite entertaining. One clip shows a Frenchman with what he claims is a self running extra large wheel, I can't see immediately where the con comes in maybe he is a modern day Bessler with an invisible chambermaid.

Yep. It's similar to one which was invented well before Bessler by some English aristocrat. it doesn't work and he keeps trying to build a bigger one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Yep, you will get a unidirectional reactionless thrust as the gravitomagnetic analog of inertia grabs onto the luminiferous aether and, by a process not unakin to magnetogravitohydrodynamics, sort of "oozes" along through space, without the expenditure of reaction mass.

You seem to have the general idea.

Come to that I seem to remember from Hydraulics lectures many years ago the for a body moving through a perfect fluid the pressure on the rear is equal to the pressure on the front. When you think about it the resistance to walking say is very small compared to the magnitude of the frontal air pressure (or should I say alpha-atmosphere pressure).
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: alsetalokin

Are you channelling vibrator?
    @Frank: if by "perfect" you mean lacking viscosity or mass...but the LÆ has viscosity, mass, and a refractive index, so is far from being a "perfect" fluid in that sense. I'm surprised you don't know that
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

I'm suprised you're suprised!
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010

Posted By: underunityIntriguing circuit.

I'm not sure that the strain-compensation derivative can quite balance the integral of the field moment. Perhaps there's a non-linear gap in the planar-tensor response that could actually accomdate free-space permeativity. Intuitively, the gap seems wide enough, but I'd have to run some figures first.

Once you account for the randomly-distributed spin of each quark on the plate surfaces, a subtle shine (or "luminescence", if you prefer) arises at the coriolis edge threshold. It's contained by rotational asymmetry, of course. But that can easily be tapped by Morley-Laplacian interference. I'm wondering if a metglas-copernicium disc might yield the correct strangeness to push those uniploar vectors 'over the edge', as it were ?

I'm excited about this. We're on the brink of a new framework.